Chapter 10

And to think I started this chapter on Thanksgiving... ._.
~~~~~
I soon reached the island, which tired feet, of course. I looked up at the birds, who were landing on the ground in front of me. "Thank you so much! I'm sorry for the inconvenience I caused you. But for now, I'll be fine by myself. Thank you!" The birds chirped in acknowledgement and flew away. I climbed up a tree and started jumping from one to another, too tired to walk on the ground where all the rocks and cut down trees are. "Where can she be," I asked myself. The sun had already gone down and in the distance, I saw a dim light. It's worth a try.

In this situation, Shirayuki would be coming back right about now. But she isn't, meaning she either got extremely lost or she got kidnapped...again.

After getting a little farther, I could clearly see a mansion. I jumped off the tree and went to the back. A door? I tried opening it, but it wouldn't budge. I saw a figure out one of the windows and quickly hid up on one of the trees near the entrance. I looked at the window, that conveniently had no bars, and saw it opening. A familiar face popped up. Shirayuki jumped out, grabbing onto a branch. She lost her grip and fell flat on the ground. Oh, that's gotta hurt.

There was a man a few feat away from her, holding a torch with his hand on the wall. He had brown hair that was tied in a small ponytail on the back of his head. Oh, crap. He's gotta be the one that possibly kidnapped her. Is he half paralyzed or something? Imma call him Stranger 1. Let's see how many people I'm gonna call that. Lol.

"Valiant...effort, but...bad news. Sadly, this is the end." Shirayuki slowly rose up as th man walked closer to her. "I'm afraid those herbs you burned didn't have much of an effect on me." Shirayuki jumps up and attempts to run, but Stranger 1 grabs her by the shoulder and pushes her against the wall.

"You might as well stop fighting right now. Suppose you do actually escape off this mountain. You'll get chased by someone else with worse intentions." Yeahhhh, by me, forcing her to think a little more about herself...I am a horrible friend. I'm not even trying to help...Whelp, she's not seriously hurt or in danger yet.

"Wouldn't it be much safer in the care of nobility or royalty? You'd be protected and be living in luxury. Doesn't that sound vastly more appealing? So, what do you say, Red?," he said, trying to get her to stay. "I say no. I think I'll take a different path," she answered bravely. "That's the wrong answer! You're coming with me!" He raises his torch and prepares to fling it at my friend. Ok, I think this is a reasonable time to be noticed.

I jumped won, rolling in front of Shirayuki, the impact making me a little light-headed. I swung my sword in front of me as I shot up, aiming for his right hand that held the torch. A millisecond after my sword touched the torch, someone else's sword hit mine and a 'Clang' was heard. The torch was directed into the air and the stranger was sent flying back onto a tree.