Chapter 2

Hey guys, Raging Demon here. I'm really into this anime. I ship Kiki and Mitsuhide so much! For those AarMau fans out there, Aphmau's pregnant with his child in MCD! I'm so excited. Now, back to the story.

Every time Zen, Atri, and I trained, I knew Mitsuhide was watching us every single session. Normally, I'd ask him to leave, but I feel like he'll be of assistance to Zen in the future. It's been about a week since Atri and I met him. Atri got switched to work at night. He'd ask us every so often to visit him. I finish my dinner quickly and place it on the tray. I get my sword, basket, and shoes and jump out the window. It's kind of dangerous at this time of day. I have to sneak past the guards now that Atri has switched.

I put on my shoes and run to the border, where I climb over the wall and to Atri's assigned place. As I get there, I see an injured Atri with Zen. I run over. "Who did this?!," Zen exclaimed. Suddenly, a bunch of masked people surround us. Each of them are wielding a weapon. "Kuso," I mutter. "Glad you could make it, your majesties," a man, I presume is the leader, says. They shoved Zen and me to the ground, spraining my ankle in the process. I reach for my sword, but the bandit stabbed his sword through me and pulled it out. "Aah!" Crap, it hurts! 

"It wouldn't be wise of you to run or fight. Aren't they all cute together?," the leader says. "Hey, what the hell. Stop messing around. You didn't have to do this to me," Atri exclaims. I feel so betrayed. "Atri...," Zen whispered. "We couldn't afford to risk you letting your feelings get in the way of our plan that's late in the game." "Don't insult me," Atri spat out, "I'm the reason we've gotten this far. My resolve is the strongest than anyone here." Zen gasps.

"Prince Zen," I hear Mitsuhide say. The bandits, or whoever they are, got out their swords. "Your highnesses," Mitsuhide exclaims as he gets out his sword, "What are you miscreants doing?" "You must be the infamous attendant. We just need to talk to Prince Izana." While they're talking, I wrapped my wounds with cloth quietly and put some medicine on it to stop the bleeding for my stomach.

"Oh yeah?" "You are going to bring him out here right now, if you want us to give Prince Zen and Princess Akemi in one piece, that is." "Why don't I save you boys the trouble," I hear Prince Izana say as he walks over with a sword in his hand. "Izana! But, how?," the bandit leader says. "I bet he knew what was going on. He's smart," Atri says while still holding his bleeding stomach. "Lord Brother," Zen mutters. "Tell me who you are and what it is you want." "I refuse to tell you anything until you lay down your sword, Izana." Says the person who's still holding one. I can't believe Atri did that.

I'm not mad, but surprised. I look at my hair. It's dyed with a crimson red from the blood. "I asked you a question," Prince Izana said coldly. I think it made the bandits scared, because a few of them backed away a little. "We are all the remains of the Ledal family you designated with your schemes." Zen and I gasped in shock.

The bandit continued, "Prince Izana, do you have any idea how many of the people who served our family lost their lively hood as a direct result of what you did?!" That's surprising. "No I'm not aware of the exact numbers, but I do know what kind of people they were. Those fools allowed themselves to be victims to be used as pawns in their lord's machinations. They stole from good people to line their own pockets," Prince Izana replied. "What did you say?," the bandit growled.

"I have agents in your country who care more about your people than you do. As we speak, those forces are winning your citizens' loyalty for Clarines. All the way, you imbeciles waste your time. Your revenge mission is quite futile," Izana says, now smiling. The bandit leader raises his sword. "How dare you! -Looks at Atri- Atri! We don't need Zen or Akemi anymore. Kill them!" Zen and I look at Atri. Soldiers gather behind Izana and Mitsuhide. 

"I'll deal with Izana myself. Watch," the leader says, smirking. Izana runs up and strikes 3 bandits dead. "Your dead!" Mitsuhide fights the other bandits while I focus on the ones next to us. I trip them first and stab their hearts, killing them instantly. I tried to make it fast so it won't be as painful. One by one, the bandits fall. Zen and Atri manage to stand up, but Atri holds up a bow and an arrow, aiming for Zen. "Atri. Is it true? You were a Ledal rebel all along?," Zen asks. Atri smirks, saying, "Yes I was. Now all that I have left to do is eliminate my targets." I'm so shocked right now.

"Tell me why!" I'd like to know as well. "I sought from the moment I met you. My people and I were pathetic by comparison. You had everything and I didn't. A roof over your head. All the food you could ever eat. The way you smiled at me. You were born into a life I'd never know no matter what I did." He grunts as blood drips to the ground from his wound, but he still continues. "It disgusts me that you did nothing to deserve this. You took things for granted and you'll die for it!" Zen's eyes widen. This is depressing. Zen starts to take out his sword. "No matter what you think of me or Akemi, you were our friend and that's how I'll remember you." I can't believe him. He's seriously gonna go through with this?!

I hear someone yell Mitsuhide's name. Atri let go of the arrow, only for it to be cut in half. Mitsuhide struck Atri and he falls, his blood dripping onto the ground. "Atri!" I started tearing up. I managed to stand next to Zen. I looked around. All the Ledals were dead. Prince Izana's sword impaled the leader. "Someday, you'll get yours," were his last words. I sat down next to Atri's weak body and started crying. "Atri... I'm sorry." "Don't be sorry. It's for the best." He said another phrase to Zen, but I didn't hear it.

"No!" "I wonder if you hadn't been born into this, would things have turned out better." He looked at me. "And Akemi?" I nodded. "Never stop smiling. That was what always got me looking forward to meeting with you." I saw a tear come out of Atri's eyes before they became dull. Zen and I sat there, weeping, until we had to go.