Chapter 5

"You said Prince Raj's...concubines?," Shirayuki asked the guard, tilting her head. "Yes, in other words, you two would be his mistresses." 

"Absurd. I can't believe he'd be interested in common girls like us just because of the color of our hair," Shirayuki said, before standing up straighter in respect. "We'd be an embarrassment to him," she finished, taking the words out of my mouth.

"Still, Prince Raj has taken a liking to you," he said, walking forward, making Shirayuki and I walk closer to the wall. "Therefore, you are required to formally appear at the castle tomorrow morning." We were pushed against a counter and Shirayuki nearly fell.

The guard lifted his sword, trying to intimidate us. "I suggest you both look presentable." With that, he turned around sharply and walked out of the shop.

I growled at him as the door closed. Shirayuki legs gave out under her.

~~~~~~~~~~

We were sitting in chairs and Shirayuki was in deep thought. I was sharping my daggers.

 No way in Heaven am I going to listen to this guy. Who the hell does he think he is?! Barging in and demanding us to frickin marry the prince.

The bell rang signaling that the evening had come and and I stood up suddenly and went to the cabinets, getting out some bottles.

Shirayuki saw me and stood up, walking next to me.

I poured a green substance through a paper that was placed over a canister and the paper caught all the little pieces of material while the green liquid went through and dripped into the can.

Shirayuki balanced out some herbs. "For Kino, something to relieve the pain in her back and stop the inflammation of her respiratory tract," she said, as she ground up some herbs into a powder form.

"At Yuri's place, the baby and father are coming down with a cold." I passed the liquid to Shirayuki and she mixed it into the powder and poured it on a piece of paper. I folded the paper into an envelope and put a note inside it.

"Who's next?" We continued this process until we were sure we had made medicine for everyone. The envelopes were stacked so that each was visible. A wax stamp was placed in the middle to seal it off.

We took of our aprons and Shirayuki looked out the window with a sad look in her eyes. Sh put her apron on the table and I did the same.

She grabbed some scissors and put it her hair. 

"You're gonna cut it?!" "It's for the best." She mumbled something to her self and a loud snipping noise was heard

~~~~~~~~~~

Shirayuki's cut hair was tied up in a ponytail and was placed on the window sill. She was holding open a door and was wearing her poncho with her hood up. She had her bag hung around her head and I had my black cloak and basket.

She closed the door after we got one last look at the interior.

Gosh dang it, Raj. What the hell if wrong with you?!

"So...where do you want to go for now?," Shirayuki asked me. "Maybe to a forest. There's a bunch of nature and it always calms you down. After that, you can choose." 

Goodbye, Tanbarun. I'll definetely miss you.

~~~~~~~~~~

We were currently sitting on a carriage and Shirayuki was eating a snack. I was looking at the beautiful sun set. We had just crossed the border from Tanbarun.

The carriage stopped in the middle of the forest and we got off as the carriage went off. "Ok. So if we continue walking, there's bound to be some type of house, right?," I asked.

"There's barely a chance that that's gonna happen, but let's do that." We started walking through the forest, following the concrete path.

We soon came across a little cottage kind of thing. "Hah! I told you so!," I said to her, laughing in a maniac way. \The building didn't look run down, but a few vines were growing on some parts of it.

Shirayuki rolled her eyes playfully and wen to knock on the door. "Excuse me? Excuse me? Is anybody home? May I come inside?" 

"I guess no one's home," I said after a few minutes. I slumped down against the wall and put my legs to my chest, hugging them. 

"I'm just gonna go to sleep now. I'm pretty sure we can't go in uninvited," I said with a droopy voice. She followed my movement. "It's getting get dark and I'm starting to get hungry.

That was the last thing I heard, before I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and I looked to my left to see Shirayuki now laying on her bag, using it as a pillow.

A bird was breaking up pieces of pistachios and eating them. It saw me looking at him and flew away. 

I sat up and straight and yawned, tears prickling in the corners of my eyes.

I suddenly hear a male voice say, "Mitsuhide, Kiki, I'm going on ahead!" "Hey, careful, bragger! You'll hurt yourself," another voice, Miso Soup, said. 

A guy with silver hair was jumping over a frickin wall and his eyes were a dark ocean blue. Shirayuki looked him in the eyes and vise versa. 

I can almost feel the new start of love...wait, Mitsu-frickin-hide is here?! Pfft. Who cares. What chance is there that someone us here. Whelp, at least he saw Shirayuki and not me.

Too bad he did though, cause his leg caught onto the top of the wall and he fell.

I laughed silently, while quickly getting behind Shirayuki. I've developed a habit of only talking to people I know, so Shirayuki does the talking most of the time. I do the fighting.

We were huddled up into a corner and I looked over her shoulder to see the guy holding his right arm with his left. He was crouching and his head was lowered. A series of pain-filled groans filled the air.

A teal haired guy and a blonde haired girl came running towards him. Shirayuki was holding onto her hood so it wouldn't fall off. I was leaning against the wall with my hands over my mouth, giggling like no tomorrow.

"Told you so, Zen! Are you hurt?! Did you fall on your head?! Tell me, what's 1+1?!," Miso Soup said. "Purple," the silver haired guy said, looking up at him. "Wait, who are you again?" 

"It's me, Mitsuhide!" "Oh I forgot, was that your name?," the blonde haired girl, who I presumed was Kiki, said.

"Kiki! Not helping even a little bit!," Mitsuhide said. Zen laughed at this.

I nudged Shirayuki and we started slowly crawling away trying to avoid the awkward situation. But no. The stupid people decided notice us as we were making our slow escape.

Why the frick would I not remember that Zen was still alive?! This is why I depend on paper and pen to remember things! Brain! You gotta start remembering that Zen didn't die yet!

Zen's head turned sharply towards us. "Hold." Shirayuki stopped and I almost burst out into laughter again.