Chapter 11: Home

Krystal waited for Autumn to come out of her room to go back in. The room was nice, but would be better once she spruced it up. She smiled, this would be... homey. There was a home now, a special place where she could go and special people she could be with.

I could get used to this. She thought as she flopped onto the bed, closing her eyes. Then was a warm weight on her, someone curling her into their chest. Krystal smelled toffee and smiled.

"You're a tease, but I'll let it slide this time." Gabriel chuckled, and Krystal opened her eyes to see him wink and smirk at her. She giggled, tapping his nose to see him twitch.

"And next time?" She smiled innocently, but there was mischief behind it.

"Next time... Hmm... I have to think on that." Gabriel smiled broadly, and she got the feeling that it was the first time he had done that in a long while. She was strangely proud of being able to make him smile, make him comfortable. "Something involving less clothes, I'm sure." A light blush curled on her cheeks, and she grinned up at him. He brushed her stray auburn locks behind her ear and pulled her closer to him.

"But I've read angels don't have dicks. They just are dicks." Krystal laughed at his glare, tapping his chin this time. His response was to lean forward and kiss her, softly, gently. There was a sweet hunger to it as well, like he missed loving.

"I can assure you, I have a nice dick. And I am a bit of a dick. Killed Dean over a hundred times to prove a point." Gabriel shifted Krystal onto his lap, putting a hand behind his head while the other ran along her hip. She let down her braided hair, and was surprised to notice how enamored he seemed with the motion. "Fuck..."

"What?" Krystal tilted her head and pushed her long hair behind her shoulders.

"You, Starlight. You're beautiful." His voice was soft and sweet, and she blushed darker.

"Starlight?"

"Because you shine so bright." He grinned, and she laughed, laying on top of him. Gabriel hummed. "What do you want us to be?"

"We've kissed, we've flirted, you're going to take me on a date?" He nodded to each one, cupping her cheek. Each of his touches filled something she didn't know inside her, rocking against her soul in a way she didn't understand but wanted to. "I... I think it's safe to say we're together then." Krystal swallowed, biting her lip. Sure, Gabriel was an archangel, bur could she afford this? Afford to love and be loved in return?

Gabriel's face would crack if he smiled any wider, and the look sent a pulse to her heart, jolting her out of doubt and into happiness. "Really, Starlight? We are?"

"We are. And that's not fair," She pouted. "I need a pretty nickname for you."

"Do you now? Maybe something like..." Gabriel thought for a moment, and Krystal giggled at his twisted mouth and furrowed brow. "Your Gold?"

"No, no..." A thought tugged at her brain and she obeyed it. "My Sunlight. Like the opposite of Starlight, and your hair is gold." Krystal grinned in pride at her creativity, and Gabriel smiled softly.

"I think that'll be perfect, Kryssie."