Chapter 8: Bang the Doldrums

The kiss was soft, but needy, like he was starving for her.
"Can we go tomorrow?" He asked, and she was surprised to hear that shyness return. "To like a nice, simple place."
"What happened to that playful, flirty angel? You're boring." She left his arms, his warmth, and moved to the doorway. "Figure it out, Angel." She smirked and left the room, leaving the handsome angel to ponder.
She could hear arguing downstairs.
"If you say yes, it'll kill us all!" Sam?
"They'll kill you either way! You'll just come back anyway, you always do! I have a plan, you just have trust me." Autumn. Krystal walked downstairs, where Dean, Sam, and Cas were nervously loitering in the doorway, while Autumn glared at them in the parlor.
"Tum, Sariel's the Angel of Death for a reason."
"What's going on?" Krystal asked, moving to Autumn.
"Nothing that concerns you." Dean snapped, earning himself another harsh glare.
"Did you know that these boys are the true vessels for Michael and Satan, right?" Sam winced at the second name and Krystal nodded. "Being a Winchester myself, I am also the true vessel for an angel. The Angel of Death, Sariel. I've heard she's a bad egg."
"Sariel is the pretty snake in the grass." Gabriel announced, rather dramatically in Krystal's opinion. "She broke many wings before she even became an adolescent. She has is cold, stubborn and cruel. Lucifer has the title, but Sariel is really the Devil."
"I know, Gabe." Autumn's voice was soft, tired. She sat down in at a table, and her relatives and crush backed away into a different room. Gabriel crossed over to her, sitting next to her. He whispered gently, and Krystal walked away quietly. She could sense this was a private moment, one only the best of friends could share. She would see, would kiss Gabriel later. For now, she had time to organize her thoughts. She went into a random room, plopping onto an ottoman.
Two days ago, she didn't know who Gabriel was. Two days ago, she was living motel by motel. Two days ago, she had finished a salt-and-burn with only pie on her mind.
Now, she had an offer for a boyfriend, a kind, handsome, albeit wild one, an offer for friendship and home by a centurion that looked eighteen, an offer for a solace whenever she needed.
But could she risk it? Her uncle was out there somewhere, and Frank was not a man to cross. Gabriel was an Archangel, immensely powerful and strong, Autumn was a crackling fire, and the Winchesters simply would not lay down and die. It was a group to be feared, one that couldn't be beat-
"Hey, you're Krys, yeah?" She snapped up, surprised to see the brown-haired curls and scruffy beard. The man was approaching forties, with the bright blue eyes and something that made her soul shake. He was immense, terrifying, and maybe only a few inches taller than her. "I'm Chuck." He stuck a hand, and she shook it carefully.
"Krystal, yeah. I didn't mean to barge it, I just was thinking."
"About my son, yeah. Gabe's a good kid. Reckless, but one of the few good ones." Chuck smiled, and there was something ethereal about it, about him.
"Your son?" The pieces slowly fell, and Krystal fought the urge to scream and run away. Here, only a foot away from her, was the holiest of holy, was God.