Chapter 10: U + Ur Hand

Even through her broken heart, Autumn moved with a gentle grace, like a ballet dancer. Chris was quick, swift movements, everything with a purpose. Krystal settled herself onto the large bed, crossing her legs and watching Chris place Autumn onto her lap.

"C'mon, divines aren't worth if they're not willing to give you everything. And I mean everything." Chris smirked, and Autumn let out a giggly sob.

"I mean, Gabriel literally created worlds to figure out what our first date should be like."

"And Chuck gave me a star as a wedding present."

"You really think someone could like me like that?" With those words, Krystal didn't see a immortal, a powerful being, or a mother hen. She saw a shy, scared teenager after being dumped. It would've broken Krystal's heart if it had been there.

There was a gentle knock on the door, then it creaked open. Gabriel peeked inside, and Krystal could hear the rustle of candy bags in his hands. Autumn ran to him, burying her small face in his chest. He picked her up and set her back on the bed, stroking her hair and humming softly.

"I brought Haribo Cola. I know you love those." He said, wiggling the bag into her shaking hands. "We all thought you'd figure it out, Tummie. We're sorry." Krystal knew she wasn't included in that group, she'd only known Autumn for an hour maybe, but her heart still went out to her and the sudden pain in her.

"You better have brought me cinnamon candy." Chris held out her hand and Gabriel rolled his eyes melodramatically.

"Yes, Princess of Hell." If looks could kill... Wait, maybe Chris could kill with a look. Who knew what the Antichrist was capable of? Krystal watched Gabriel settle Autumn back into Chris' arms, opening her bag of gummies for her. He took Krystal's hand and led her out of the room. "Chris is her favorite, the big sister she never had." He said, golden eyes smirking. "Everyone thought they were a couple. Dad was distraught." Krystal walked down the stairs, Gabriel on her heels.

"I thought all of you would be more holy." She commented, and the look he gave her melted her nerves. The gold warmed, and the smirk played on his lips.

"I can be plenty holy. Want me to prove it?" His arm wrapped around her waist, tugging her to him. Gabriel's touch threatened to make her rational dissipat, and he hadn't done anything! Krystal would scream at herself dumb body if she could. Gabriel's lips brushed behind her ear, his hand sliding lower on her waist.

"Before our first date? Such a charmer." She pulled out of his arms, where she could think, where she could breathe. He raised an eyebrow at her, and she found the motion oddly endearing.

"I am a charmer." Gabriel, one of the greatest and most powerful beings in the universe, whined. Krystal beamed with pride and turned away from him.

"Nah, not really. If you want something, you have nice hands. Jack it." She knew if she turned around, she'd find him sulking and shocked. The thought sent a thrill through her.

After all, when an archangel wants you, it's only fair to tease them into forgetting just how holy they really are.