27

Emilia's P.O.V

I crashed in his office tonight. He's always there.

Always.

He said he was glad I came to him.

Like I always did.

Or do.

I didn't tell him anything yet.

He shouldn't need to know.

He would tell me to go back.

I love my family, more than anything I've ever loved before.

But I just... can't.

I cant let them love me.

They can't get too attached.

I can't get too attached.

The roses are wilted
The violets are dead
The guilt runs circles
Round and round in my head

Callie's P.O.V

She can't do this, she knows better. She's just...scared.

To be loved.

To be cared for.

I walk down the street, heading towards the gymnastics gym were Em is supposed to be.

I called Stef and Lena to tell them we are hear. To find her.

It's a thirty minute drive, so them and Brandon and Jude shouldn't be here for a little while, unless mom takes her police car...

Jesus opens the door, passing it into me and Mariana.

I search the room until I see a tall man with pale skin and blonde coming towards us, probably confused go why we are here.

I speak before he can, my hands shaky. "Hi, um do you know were Emilia is?"

He hesitates, starting to back away as his face contorts.

"Sorry, she's not here." Lie.

"Please." I plead, practically begging. "She's our sister."

His eyebrows furrow, making his chocolate brown eyes squint slightly.

"Sister?" He asks, his thick polish accent sounding fazed as his gaze moves from her our faces.

"What so you mean, 'sister'?"

So, we told him the story, or at least all he needed to know.

"So, how come she came to you?" Jesus asks, rubbing his hand on his leg.

"Well, her mother worked for me here at the gym as a coach, so I've known Emilia her whole life. When her mother knew...When she knew she would loss the battle no matter what, she asked me if I could watch over her. Make sure she's alright." He pauses, like he's skimming over a vital part of information but pondering if he should tell us about it.
"A couple years ago Emilia-she tried to commit suicide." he hesitates, stopping dead in his tracks. "Actually, um, I think she should tell you herself, so..just forget that I told you that..."

Before we can ask further, the door swings open, reveling the rest of our crazy family.

"Where is she?" Lena and Stef yell, shaking the slightest bit.

We all hear a loud thump coming from the office, followed with a eery silence.

Emilia's P.O.V

I open the trap door that Slav has in his office, pausing when the door falls loudly, landing on the floor with a noisy thump.

I squeeze my body halfway in when I feel a tug on my leg.

"You should've known better. I'm always going to find you." His voice is so deep I jump.

He's back.

And now he's hear to finish the job.

I'm right.

I can never escape from him.

I let out a piercing high scream loud enough to wake up an ocean, but before I can finish, he cups a hand over my mouth, grabbing my tongue.