VIII. At First Sight

Extending Our Hearts

⎯⎯⎯⎯

I DIDN'T go to the store today. Instead, I'd stayed home and fixed Talia's car as it's been dripping oil and whatnot all over the driveway. 

Of course being the awesome brother that I am, I decided to fix it for her since she doesn't want to bring it to an actual mechanic.

I also might've done it to stop hearing my mother and Nonna complain about ruining the new tiles mom had put in last month.

At the end of the day, I smelled of the combination of grease and sweat. Which, by the way, is not a good combination at all. The smell made me almost vomit all over myself which is why I practically ran to take a shower before anyone caught a whiff of the stench I've mustered up.

I'm currently in my room drying my hair in front of the mirror and I can sense a smile make its way onto my face as my mind drifts back to when I'd first seen Ella.

She'd only started working at Tippy's about four months back when I'd just let Talia run errands for mom and Nonna.

However, Talia had gotten the flu over the weekend after spending time with her boy toy of the week which resulted in me having to head on to Tippy's instead.

A chuckle escapes me as I remember feeling quite grumpy and looking as if Santa Claus had shoved a stick up my arse for being an asshole. 

It didn't take long for my eyes to attach themselves to Ella's face.

Safe to say, I was starstruck.

It was her first day, I think. Mary had been showing her how to work with the cash register and showing her around the aisles with a bunch of hand motions while she listened and occasionally nodded.

After that I didn't continue to go to Tippy's as Talia did get better and was able to run errands herself.

Somehow, I truly don't know how, we transitioned into me going to the store instead of her and me being genuinely excited to go run errands just to catch a glimpse of a girl I had yet to have a full conversation with.

I let a sigh of relief after seeing my hair turn into it's usual light brown colour instead of the damp dark one it had been a few minutes ago.

Putting my earphones in and turning to play some music on my iPod I throw myself on the bed and relax into the cotton comforter to the beat of Coldplay's new song while my mind once again drifts to Ella.