Chapter 1

It was dark when he had woken up. He couldn't even see his own hands in front of his face. The smell of rust was strong in the air, metal against the metal ground. A shudder shook the floor beneath him, making him fall backward. Despite the cold, there were beads of sweat dripping down his face, he stood up finally and backed up till he felt the wall. 

With another jolt, the room jerked upward like an old elevator. Harsh sounds started to be heard it sounded like he was in an old steel factory. The elevator started to tip side to side making him more nauseous than he really was. He wanted to cry but he couldn't, he stood there alone and waiting to see what was to happen next. 

"My name is Russell," He thought. 

That was the only thing he could remember, he couldn't remember what his old life was, not his school, family or even his own two parents. He didn't understand how such a thing was possible. He was able to function properly without flaw along with calculating his surroundings. Knowledge started to flow through his mind such as eating a cheeseburger with everything on it and snow on trees, and the moon's glow on land. He did not know where all this came from it just popped in his head.

After what seemed like an eternity, the lift came to a complete stop. He was scared, he did not know what was going to happen next! Soon, a piercing light came in from the top opening up. It blinded him for a second but after a few minutes, he adjusted to it. 

He heard voices from above. 

"Look at that twig." 

"It's another boy!" 

"Boys win!" 

"He's cute." 

"Not cuter than me!" 

Russell was hit with confusion, some of the voices were foreign while the others were familiar to him. He willed his eyes to try and see what was up there. Like the lens of a camera his vision adjusted to see that there were boys and girls up there, some were pointing directly at him.

he soon saw a rope that slowly came down to him, it had a loop in it. He put it on himself and felt a tug. After he made it to the top, he got himself out of the rope. Soon a woman with blonde hair and blue eyes came over and helped him up. 

"Nice to meet ya, twig," she said. "Welcome to the Glen."