'Are we there yet?'

'Almost love.'

I internally screamed when he called me that. Let's just say I wasn't one for showing much affection or receiving it back but he was making me feel and do all sorts of crazies.

'That reminds me, I need you to put this on before we get there.' He took out an eye mask from the glove compartment and handed it over to me.

I look at him with confusion. 'Why?'

'So that you won't see the surprise till we get there silly! It'll make the moment more exciting. And it's more romantic.' I chuckled at his idea but put on the eye mask over my head anyways and leaned back against the seat.

I suspected we reached our destination as he stopped the car after a few minutes and sure enough, I heard him getting out of his seat and a few seconds later,my door opened. He took my hand in his and wrapped the other around my waist, feeling tingles on my skin where his arm was draped. He started walking but I was a bit hesitant to move, not being able to use my eyesight. He stepped closer to me and whispered in my ears, 'Let me be your guide Riannon. Trust me, I won't let you fall.' I didn't know if there was a double meaning behind that but I felt a blush creep on my face at his loving words.

I let him lead me as he kept his arm on my waist secure, hearing our footsteps echo as we entered some building. After a while I heard the ding of an elevator and he moved slightly to press the button I assumed and we were making our way up.

'Are you excited?' He asked and puts his head on my shoulder as he held me from behind.

'Uh huh,' I replied as I felt the nervousness and excitement course through my body.

The elevator finally stopped and we made our exit. After walking a few steps, he released his grip on my waist and he placed his hands on my eye mask.

'Are you ready?'

'Ye-yes?'

He took it took off and as I tried to adjust my eyesight to my surroundings, my breath was caught in my throat as I took in everything in front of me.

On the two walls beside me were huge aquariums fitted to accommodate exactly to the height of the ceiling and it was filled with all kinds of beautiful and exotic fishes. I was gaping in awe and shifted my attention to a balcony just beyond. There was a table set just for two, two candles being the only source of light. I approached the balcony and found that it overlooked the entire city. Every speck of light adding to the most breathtaking and spectacular night view. I was so stunned that I couldn't really form any words. It was so beautiful.

'Do you like it?' Jackson asked breaking me out of my trance. He looked at me hopefully.

I ran into his arms and kissed him in response to his question. As my lips caressed his, I poured out every bit of emotion I was feeling, every bit of love I had for him. He kissed me back with just as much passion, wrapping his arms around my waist and the other slipped behind the nape of my neck, pulling me in even deeper. He was just too perfect that I couldn't even believe he'd love someone like me. My thoughts were caught in a whirlwind as he ran his fingers on my arms, his touch leaving a trail of fire. Feeling breathless, I pulled away slowly, our faces still close, our breathing heavy.

'Of course I do Jackson. I absolutely love it. Thank you,' I whispered against his lips.

'I am really glad you do. You deserve the very best of everything.'

'Why would you do so much for me?'

'Because in a short span of time, you already mean the world to me and I would give you all I have to show that to you.'

I choked back a sob as his words embedded deep in my heart. I couldn't wipe the smile on my face as he took my hand in his and we went to take our seats, looking forward to just spending the wonderful evening together.
------------------------------------

By the time I reached home, I was in a state of bliss. I felt like I was floating on a cloud and I definitely did not wanna come down. Jackson dropped me off after our date and unfortunately had to take off because of his busy schedule the next day. But I didn't mind,we had a wonderful time, one that I know I'd always cherish forever.

I was still in my happy place when I reached my apartment. But that quickly dissipated as I noticed my door was unlocked.

What the?? Did somebody break in and steal my stuff? But this neighbourhood was pretty safe from such crimes.

I rushed inside and switched on the lights but they didn't come on. Great! Just my luck. I took out my phone and was about to dial the police when I noticed,too late, a shadow move towards me from the darkness.

I couldn't even scream as he lunged towards me and grabbed me, one large hand covering my mouth to prevent me from shouting. I tried kicking and punching him, but he was much bigger and stronger. But I suddenly stilled and cringed with fear as I heard the voice I never thought I'd hear again.

'Hello my dear Riannon. Did you miss me?