Nine

Annabelle's POV

After getting into that argument with Caspar, I just went into my room and fell asleep. It was late and I wasn't feeling to great.

Someone knocked on my door, which immediately woke me up. My eyes shot open and I groaned.

"Who is it?" I muttered, rubbing my eyes.

"It's Caspar, can I come in?"

I rolled my eyes, "yes."

The door slowly crept open and Caspar walked in before taking a seat on the end of my bed. "Look Anna, I want to apologize for being a dick of a cousin lately, I know you came here to have fun and start a new life but of course, I am ruining that opportunity for you. And this was my idea in the first place." He explained, sighing.

I sat up and looked at him. He looked guilty and sad, and his apology sounded very sincere. So I accepted it.

"It's okay Casp. But I want you to know that I am only looking for friend ships right now, no relationships yet. I still have yet to find a job and figure other things out. So don't worry. If I do find someone, I will tell you and I will be honest at all times." I said. Caspar smiled and reached over, pulling me into a hug.

"I'm making pancakes right away if you want some." He said as he let go of me and stood up. I nodded my head, "yes please!"

Caspar left my room and I decided to get up and get ready for the day. But first I decided to call my parents since it's about 9 pm back home and they're probably going to bed soon. I grabbed my phone and dialed their number, it rang for about two seconds before they answered.

"Good evening Annabelle!" They greeted in unison. I smiled, "good morning, mum and dad."

"Oh is it morning time there already?" Dad asked.

"Yep," I responded. "Caspar's making breakfast soon and I had just woke up. Hadn't properly spoken to you two yet since I left!"

"I know! We miss you so much, it's pretty quiet in the house here." Mom said. I frowned, "I'll be back to visit in no time."

"Have you looked around for a job yet?" Dad asked.

"Not yet, but I'm going to print out a few resumes and hand them out today." I replied.

"That's good! Tell us when you find a job." Mom said. "Okay hun, we're going to go to sleep now. We have to wake up early tomorrow for work."

"Okay, goodnight mom, dad! Love you both, goodnight!" I said. They both responded and I ended the call. I placed my phone down to find an outfit from my wardrobe and I was off to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my business.

I heard Caspar call out, "pancakes are done!" As I just finished putting on my outfit. (A red flannel with blue denim jeans.) I walked into the kitchen and Caspar handed me my plate with three fluffly pancakes. "Thanks!" I said. I spread butter on all of my pancakes and layered them with thick maple syrup.

I took a seat at the table and started eating them. "These are really good, Caspar." I said.

"Thanks! It's my mothers secret pancakes recipe that makes them so delicious." Caspar said, smiling as he took a bite of his pancake.