"Why do you look so serious? Did you get into a fight with Natalie?" Aunt Katherine asked in concern after staring a bit.

"Actually we did fight but it's all good now. I came here today to ask something and I want an honest answer please..." I replied back sighing a little finally having the courage to speak.

They both looked at each other in confusion then looked back at me.

"Go ahead. What's going on?"

Uncle Williams asked moving forward towards me a little, giving me his complete attention.

"Why did Natalie go to Brazil? I saw her at some cemetery. She was crying crazily sitting beside a grave. I read that name. It was of some girl named Irina. Who was she?"

I asked multiple questions in a row and they went completely silent making me even more frustrated.

"Did you talk to Natalie about this?" Finally after a minute, he asked back sighing loudly while leaning back on couch.

"I did uncle. But she refused to tell me and I just can't shake that image of her crying like that. Please tell me who was she? Why is she Natalie so disturbed because of her?" I again asked while pleading with my eyes.

"She won't like it if she came to know about us telling you all of this." He still sounded unsure and wracked his hand through his hair in doubt.

"She doesn't need to know about this..I promise, I won't tell her. Please tell me uncle?" I was very close to loose my calm, their reaction told me it was something extremely serious and important to her.

"That was her best friend. She was like our own daughter..."

He barely managed to talk and then went all silent again, hurt evident in his tone. I looked at aunt Katherine. She was crying holding her head in both of her hands in frustration.

Who was she? She meant that much to all of them?

"Aunt why are you crying? I am sorry that I am making you tell me something you clearly don't want to share. But I can't see her like that again. I don't even know the reason."

After contemplating a lot, I held her hands and tried to soothe her then looked back at uncle William's devastated figure to urge him to talk again.

"That was her best friend and she committed suicide right in front of her and...."

Uncle Williams went on and on and told me everything from that incident to her depression, her insecurities, her emotional vulnerability from that day in Brazil.

I knew it all now. I knew everything she went through and was still suffering from. Aunt kept crying and I was glued to the ground. I didn't expect any of this. I wanted it to be something casual not something this deep and painful. I could see not just Natalie, her parents loved that girl too...

I excused myself, told them to never tell her about our conversation and drove my car back to university. I knew she was still there and I wanted to see her so badly. I called her and she told me that she was in parking lot. I told her to wait for me.

Ever since Natalie has come into my life, everything related to her goes straight to my heart. I have become sensitive than I ever was. I constantly feel insecure and I am totally unable to hold back my tears whenever I am hurting.

I never cried before. There was no reason to. I had everything in my life I ever wanted. But now the thought alone that she'll reject me, she'll never love me back is on my mind 24/7 and it drives me insane.