Chapter 16

Chase's POV

"Where the hell is he?" I screamed at my guards, outside my guesthouse.

"We don't know sir, we got a message from you saying to let him go, and we asked you again and you messaged again and threatened us of losing our jobs so we let him go."

Oh god. Who messaged from my phone! This whole time I was with Karen and so was my phone there is no other way anyone could have messaged through my phone.

Karen's POV

It has been a year since Chase and I started dating again. It has been amazing. I have enjoyed every bit of it. But, the only thing what is bothering me is that he keeps sending these letters, every day. And it's not like he signs off, it always says 'Secret Admirer', and I don't even know why. I get the fact that he wants to be cheesy and all, but how can he be all romantic, lovey-dovey, when he forgot our 6 months anniversary.

Anyways moving on from Chase. High School is over now. I went on the Paris trip with Chase and all my friends and we enjoyed. But over there I got a delivery from my name when Chase had gone out clubbing with all the students because it was our last night in Paris, I didn't go because I was down, having your monthly things that a girl experiences well, so I stayed back in the hotel room.

The package was beautifully packed, it had all the necessities when you are not feeling well.

It had chocolates, Advil, some soothing music, Vogue magazines, perfume, showering gel and all sorts of things. When I asked who sent it the hotel manager told me that this person wouldn't like to reveal who it was, so I thought it was Chase, and slept.

Prom night was amazing as well, Chase didn't do anything extravagant, he just asked me in the car, and I said yes. Everything was going well until I started getting nightmares or dreams of the same thing again and again.

They were of the small me in the park with my whole family and I met a boy who was hurt, but every time I get close to knowing what his name is I get up or the alarm rings or Maria calls from the intercom.

I had these dreams a long time ago, they stopped and now they are back.

A couple of days back I got a message from a random number. It was an image of a letter, the letter looked like the letters I received and next to it was the image of Chase's handwriting. They didn't match at all. There was a message that followed it. And it said 

'Never trust a person who has lost your trust once, because that person won't hesitate in breaking your trust and your heart into a million pieces.' 

I thought hard, 'who could it be?' and the only person who ever cheated on me, who I broke up with and who started dating Veronica the very next day, the one who spread rumors about me, the only person who played pranks on me after our break-up ... was Chase

So I decided to investigate on him. I called my mom's personal investigator, and a week back I got a file full of papers about Chase's past. The past that I never knew. It was full of pictures, information, and many more things.

I found out about his family, his life before he came to our town. And the things that were revealed through this file were shocking. 

----

Hey, guys. 

I hope you liked this chapter, if you did, don't forget to click on the star icon, and send suggestions through the comments. It keeps me motivated.