Chapter 23: open wounds

Start from the beginning

We all stood in the doorway as they both hugged me bye. "We gotta do this again." Wallflower said enthusiastically.

I laughed. "Yeah, maybe this time I can remember it. Catch y'all later." I kissed Wallflower on the cheek with a hug and did the same to Quincy and headed to the taxi.

*****

Zeke

"Here car is still here." I said leaned against the wall looking between Pops, Nova and Teddy. This was all Nova's bright idea to meet up so we could plan out our next move. Why at the club? I had the slightest idea.

I reluctantly came after explaining to Nova that I didn't wanna do this shit anymore. I couldn't keep lying to Honey like this, even if she wasn't taking to me. I was falling hard for that girl and I couldn't shake it off.

But Nova wasn't having that. The night I went to her house with Teddy and listened to her bullshit plan, I told her I was out. She literally grabbed me by the balls and threatened to expose me along with a death wish.

Never have I ever been scared of anyone until then.

"Aye Zeke, you listening?" Nova snapped. She stood beside Pops in  tight jeans and a white tee looking at me with a mean stare and a hand on the hip.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah. You'll work here for a month. In that month with the help of this nigga-," I pointed to Teddy. "And Pops you'll take her spot as co-owner blah blah blah...I got that but why the hell are we still here? If she gets here and finds us-,"

"There ain't shit she can do or say. Anything we say she would have to believe." Pops reassured.

Teddy sucked his teeth."Yeah, stop acting like a little bitch."

I balled up my fists. This nigga just call me a bitch? He was pushing it and I was more and more looking forward to laying his ass out one day that day being now if he kept that shit up.

I was quick and ready to beat his ass, but Pops noticed and wasted no time pushing me back against the wall.

"Look! Y'all need to stop poking out your damn chests. From how I see it, you both fucked up your chances." He looked between the both of us and I won't tryna listen to him. Fuck that I still got a chance.

"I need y'all to end this dick shaking contest . You think Nova's temper is bad? You ain't seen shit yet if you end up fucking with my money." My thoughts instantly went to that night at the restaurant with his blunt threat to me. It was enough for me to calm down but not enough to trust that nigga across from me.

"Now if you both good, I need you to leave. Me and Nova gotta handle some buisness." Business? Since when these niggas discussed shit privately? 

But I wasn't going to say shit. I knew my place when it came to my father. I was first to walk out the door. I reached for my phone in my back pocket. If I couldn't back out of this, then I could at least make her trust me again. Ready to dial her number, I heard the sound of heels echo from the bottom floor. I froze mid-way down the steps instantly knowing it was Honey. Who else would be here this early?

My heart pounded in my chest as the clicking become louder and closer. Just as I thought, she appeared around the corner and I did everything I could to refrain myself from running down and grabbing her into my arms.

"Honey?"

She looked up at me  and glarred but I wasn't fazed. I knew she missed me deep down. All I needed was for her to trust me again.

She rolled her eyes and turned on her heel to walk back out forgetting any reason she came in, but I ran down and caught her by the arm. I ignored the sexual thoughts in my head as I looked from her head to toe. After a month of not seeing her, she was still gorgeous. Her hair was in a bun with a lowcut blouse exposing just enough out her soft mounds and a fitting skirt that's showed off those smooth legs. It was a simple look but it made her look even more delectable as I was fighting off the urge to kiss those soft lips. I licked my own and she rolled her eyes before yanking for her arm back.

"You look good." I said with a smile at a failed attempt to at least soften her up.

"Thanks. What do you want? I have things to do."

"More important than catching up with me?"

"Zeke-,"

"Okay, Okay. Give me two minutes to explain myself."

She stood there looking at me as a  mixture of  emotions flashed across her face.She didn't know if she could handle it and I didn't blame her.

After what felt like an eternity, she said, "Fine, two minutes. But I'm counting."