Chapter 30: It's Time

“I’d rather have an enemy who admits they hate me, instead of a friend who secretly puts me down."- NickiMinaj 

Chapter [30]

 Honey

Teddy looked back at me slowly licking his lips. Once upon a time I though him licking his lips was one of the most sexiest things he’s ever done but now, I just wanted to vomit. I twisted my face in disgust and rolled my eyes letting out a breath of frustration. I did’nt know what in the hell made me think he would at least be reasonable.

“You fucked up your chances of having me a long time ago.” He turned his lips up into a sneer.

“You the one that ran from me. I gave you everything a bitch could want.” He started counting off his ring covered fingers. “A mansion, cars, designer clothes niggas on streets can’t pronounce. Every fuckin’ thing and you wanted to be an ungrateful ass bitch and run.”

I felt my blood boil and my hands clench at my sides.

“Aye nigga, chill out.” Zeke started but I held my hand up for him to stop.

 “Naw, I got this. Fuck you.” I spat. “I ran away because you weren’t doing your job as aboyfriend! No amount of money or love could keep your ass at home. Instead, you were too busy caring about yourself and running through them bitches like it was a goddamn sport while I’m at home worrying about your stupid ass! And then you had the nerve to..to..,” I shook my head and stood up, tears staining my cheeks. “You ain’t shit and I hope you rot in fucking hell.”

Not wanting to hear anything else his bitch ass wanted to say, I practically ran out that office and back to Zeke’s car. I yanked the passenger side door open and hopped in slamming it shut and eventually broke down. All of those years of the pain and constant put down brought back memories that I fought so hard to forget. He was a despicable man who was selfish and thought the world owed him a damn favor.

Zeke climbed into the car placing his leg rubbing his thumb over my knee to help sooth me but it wasn’t working. My mind was far too deep into the past.

“Cassy look at me.” I shook my head. It was enough of an embarrassment to break down in front of him.

“Girl, look at me.” He grabbed my chin turning my head to face him. His grey eyes searched mine. “Men like that don’t appreciate what they got. He’s a fuck nigga and guys like that rot in hell. He missed out and I can tell its eatin’ him up every day.” I nodded my head. “He’s gonna try to get under your skin, but you can’t let him see you sweat.”

I took my hands and wiped my eyes dry. “You’re right.”

“I know I am.” He said proudly. I playfully hit his arm and he started the car driving away from the club. “Wanna get something to eat?”

As tempted as it sounded, I couldn’t let Zeke on to believe that there was more to this. He was around for the sole purpose of helping me figure shit out. Besides, he was the only other person on my side. I needed all the help I could get. Leading him on would only be wrong and putting thoughts in his head of what could be when we could never happen again.

I shook my head. “Naw, take me home please. I gotta come up with another way to figure this shit out. Deep down I knew this shit with Teddy wasn’t gonna work.”

Zeke nodded his head. But I knew he knew my real reason. I would give him a point for trying.

The whole ride back to my house was held in silence. My mind was going crazy with thoughts of all of this. The fact that Nova was willing to go against me for something so…so...