Chapter 5: Wicked Games

"Sometimes I need that romance, sometimes I need that pole dance. Sometimes I need that stripper thats gon' tell me that she don't dance."- Drake

Chapter |5|

Honey

"Girl, he was fine with a capital F! I would have loved to take him home with me!" 

"I don't know if he could handle all that," I said referring to her ass. I turned Nova around and made drums out of it. We giggled and ended in a fit of laughter in the middle of her living room.

She grabbed her glass of wine and sipped, running her perfectly manicured finger around the rim and walked into the kitchen. "I'm sure we could make something happen. Ima get me some more wine, you want some?"

I shook my head no and couldn't help but smile. I wasn't gonna lie, Zeke had been on my mind since we left the grocery store and a part of me wished I would have gotten his number. She shrugged her shoulders and walked around the corner of her living room and into the kitchen. I laid back on her couch, but something about it was throwing me off and I couldn't put a finger on it. I looked all over her living room and noticed a lot of the stuff she had looked different then what I remembered from when I was over here last week. Her table top glass coffee table looked brand new along with the love seat that sat adjacent to the plasma TV. 

I looked to the ground. Was that a new rug? 

"Hey, Nova!" I yelled to her, up now and walking around her apartment finding more new stuff by the minute. I stopped at the glass vase that sat on an end table by her front door. 

There was a 'clink' sound then the sound of broken glass hitting the floor. "Shit!" I heard her cry out.

Damn, that girl was clumsy. I hope she didn't step on the glass because I damn sure don't do well with blood. "Nova, you ok?" 

When I didn't hear her reply, I started to walk into the kitchen. "Nova?" I called out a little more softly.

I heard the slam of the back door of her kitchen that led to the deck. Looking into the kitchen I saw her with her hands against the door and her head bent, standing in a way as if she was trying to keep something out. On the counter was the open bottle of Merlot and on the floor was the broken glass along with the left over wine that was in it. "Nova?" I called again this time more concerned.

She turned her head so fast; I damn sure thought her head was going to fall off. Her face flushed and her eyes wide like a deer caught in the headlights. I scrunched my face together in confusion and placed my hand on my wide hips.  "The hell you doin' girl?"

As soon as I asked, her shoulders slumped and her gaze dropped to the floor. Leaning up off of the door, she bent down to floor on her hands and knees and began picking up the big pieces of glass and putting them in the trash beside the counter a few feet from her. She looked shaken up and to be honest she was scaring me. Something else was wrong here and I already knew she wasn't easily going to tell me.

I bent down beside her. "Sweetie, what happened?" I asked. I started to put my hand on her back, but she pulled back as if I shocked her. 

"Glass broke. Caught me off guard is all." Her voice was cracked and full of emotion. She didn't even look up from the floor. I wasn't buying it though but not wanting to force her to talk I just started to help her but she wouldn't even let me do that. Nova pushed my hand away.

"I got it,"

"You Su-,"

Nova turned her head at me. "I said I got it!"