chapter 12- Easy, Obedient and Mindless

"People expect me to be with some stripper... That's just the kind of woman I work with."-Luther Campbell

                                                                                                                                                    Chapter |12|

He looked different but he still seemed to have the posture of 'power'. He stood before me, hair no longer bald but a nicely kept low-cut. He kept his goatee so that it connected to thin sideburns that made the bones in his face more prominent and...handsome. His arms were stuffed in his pockets, smile bright and eyes twinkling. Even after three years he still seemed to intimidate me.

One of the big questions on my mind was why he was here. After I left him, I was told he moved out east to New York and was going to be there for good. Happy wasn't even the word when I found out.

"I knew you would use the name, Honey." His eyes looked over me. Under his scrutiny I felt uncomfortable and even violated. I badly wanted to take the tray for the shots and make an attempt to cover my body with it.

"Mm, Mm, Mm. You still fine as ever too baby. I see you still puttin' that great body to use. Being a stripper fits you perfectly."

I rolled my eyes and folded my arms across my chest.

"After tonight I won't be Honey anymore. I own this place now." I said proudly. If there was one person who didn't think I would move on beyond the club and make something of myself, it was Teddy. To him it was a known fact that I was always going to strip for that money. So when I said I owned the place, his smile fell away and his jaws clenched. He fixed his black tie and cleared his throat.

"I see. What exactly do you know about business, Honey." He spat out my name as if it tasted horrible.

I ignored him and picked up the new round of shot glasses on the tray. I smiled at Wallflower and winked at her to wish her a good dance, because after this round, I was going to make it my mission to leave as soon as I could and as far away possible from Teddy. He was not going to ruin my night and I was going to make sure of that.

Sashaying pass him with the right mind to tease him for what he missed out on and to rub in his face my accomplishment, I made my rounds.

The next few hours were filled with smiling faces and not even a glimpse of Teddy. I even took a break from lap-dances to watch Wallflower make her reappearance on stage.

Bounce it, bounce it
I'm about to throw a couple thousand
Bounce it, bounce it
I'm about to throw a couple thousand
Ones, fives, tens, twenties 
Work your way up to the big face hundreds
Bounce it, bounce it
I'm about to throw a couple thousand

She danced to the song, 'Bounce It' by Juicy J. bouncing her ass, wiggling and jiggling she worked that stage and owned it. I was very impressed and I could tell she'd been working on that routine for a while. She twirled around that pole as if she was weightless and at that moment I knew Wallflower was going to make her way to the top rank. She might even have the moves to take my number one spot. But I won't mad at her either. If anybody should take my spot, I would be honored it being her.

She would have definitely earned it.

Just as she was finishing her dance, one of the new strippers, Caramel, stood in my line of sight of Wallflower. She had one hand on her bare hip, wearing nothing but a G-string with fresh bills under the straps and clear tassels. She leaned in to my ear so I could hear her better and began talking. "Teddy said to meet him in room six for a lap dance."