Chapter 1 - Meetings and Manias

Amora Haisley was a dainty little being, with huge doe like eyes and pouty pink lips, she was a touch of heaven.

A selfless beauty who spent her time working her shifts at "Macy's Bookstore" or tutoring and helping underprivileged children who were living in broken homes with abusive parents.

"Amora, I hope it's not a problem, but is it alright if I leave early? Tonight, I mean. I have a date with Chris and I don't want to be late." The unruly teen, Clara, who worked shifts with Amora questioned, with an arrogant undertone.

Amora, who was currently stacking new books in the display sections turned to hear the demanding voice of Clara. Clara was a sweet girl at times, but she was also lazy and was always leaving work early.

Amora didn't mind though. She worked much better when she was alone- she had been alone for most of her life anyways. With separated parents and an older brother who had no care for his broken family, Amora was left to fend for herself.

"Sure", Amora replied, with a smile gracing her stunning face and displaying her enviable dimples.

"OMG! Thank you so much, Amora!" Clara squealed, rushing over to hug her coworkers small frame, almost knocking her over.

Amora chuckled and hugged her back, watching Clara skip over to the locker room to grab her jacket and purse.

"Bye Amora, see you soon." Clara uttered, not waiting for a response as she bolted out of the old fashioned bookstore, ready to enjoy her weekend.

Amora just chuckled and got back to work, she didn't have much left to do here at the bookstore, but she did have to close quickly so that she could get to the soup kitchen before 19:00 PM.

Amora's light green eyes wandered to the clock and absorbed the time; 18:47. She didn't have much time so she acted fast, stumbling over to the door and flipping the plastic sign from 'open' to 'closed'.

Grabbing the box of new books, Amora jogged over to the store room and placed them atop of the shelves, she would set the rest of the books in them tomorrow, she thought.

Amora walked out of the ancient store room, grinning at her timekeeping, for now she would make it to the soup kitchen on time, all thanks to her steady speed.

Wrapping herself with her beige trench coat and snatching her little green purse, Amora left the locker room, locking it as she left.

The bell above the door rung, signifying a new customer. Who could this possible be, a confused Amora pondered. Was it Clara? That doesn't add up since Clara had left long ago, Amora concluded, hastily walking over to the front desk from the back of the store.

To say Massimo was stunned by the beauty in front of him was an understatement, he was completely and utterly speechless.

Massimo Francesco Salvatore wasn't a man who would be associated with the common image of a bookworm. He was a strong, muscled, tough guy, with little to no regard for books in any way possible. But a promise to his younger sister Isabel- that he'd get her a copy of 'Matilda' from a bookstore. Isabel had just recently seen the movie and she loved it, a trait she shared with her older brother who loved that book when he was younger.

Isabel loved the book so much that she had thrown endless tantrums to read the book. Massimo found that strange, the four year old had already seen the movie, why throw fits to read a darn book? It was a damn good book that's why, he reminded himself since he was obsessed with the book when he was younger, always rereading it.
He was glad that his younger sister enjoyed reading, he preferred that she read instead of watching TV all day, which is why he managed to rush to the nearest bookstore - a crumbling place called 'Macy's Bookstore' to get his adorable baby sister a copy of Matilda that she had been demanding.