Manik: There is no need for you to go okay?

Manik removed his blazer and started removing his shirt buttons looking in her eyes. Nandini was flushed by his act and she turned to other side palming her face. Manik removed his shirt and changed in tracks. He stood in front of Nandini and hugged her. Nandini could feel his bare chest but still her eyes were closed.

Manik: Karliya change ab to nhi jaogi na?

Nandini: Mani, kapde pehenlo please.

Manik smirked seeing his effect and held her chin to face him. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at him. He was the same guy who was crying badly few minutes before. Sometime back his eyes had anger, sorrow but now the only thing they were conveying is pure love for her.

Nandini: I love you Mani.

She whispered and he whispered back.

Manik: I love you too.

He scooped her in his arms and made her lie on bed. He himself lied beside her and covered them with duvet.
Manik snuggled in her arms and closed his eyes. He opened his eyes after sometime and saw Nandini lost.

Manik: What are you thinking about?

Nandini: Huh? Nothing? Let's sleep.

Saying this she turned on his side, started patting Manik's head to make him sleep.

Manik took her palm and kissed it.

Manik: Say it... I'm fine now. You can ask. I can see questions in your eyes.

Nandini was hesitating.

Nandini: Why they did that Mani?

Manik: I don't want to talk about them. Can we sleep now?

He said in a stern tone. Nandini nodded and closed her eyes. Manik slept quickly in her embrace. Nandini was again lost in her thoughts.

Nandini's POV

Mani and fab 4 were best friends. Phir aisa kya hua ke they behaved like this? Why will anyone betray their own friend. There must be something behind this. And why did Alya attempted suicide that to because of Manik? There is still a lot of confusion in my head. May be there is some misunderstanding? Mani toh don't even want to talk about them. I think I should not interfere in them. Mani will tell me if he wants. As far as my Manik is happy I'm happy.

End of POV

She kept on kissing his face till she drifted in sleep.

-----------------

Next morning

Manik woke up first to see his angel sleeping peacefully. He slowly got up and kept a pillow beside her. He kissed her temple and moved out of room. He went and stood in balcony. It was still a little dark. Manik looked up in sky.

​Manik's POV

Yesterday I told her about my past. I'm feeling good after sharing my pain with her. But now I won't let my past ruin my present and future. I'll always keep my angel happy and safe. She is the reason I'm taking my breaths today! I will protect this angel from everything. I won't let them destroy my life again. No no... Never.. I'll keep Nandini away from them. I hope they leave as soon as possible.

End of POV.

Manik stood there till the sun showed up. Then he again went in his room to see his love still sleeping. He was feeling hungry but decided not to wake her up. He took the coffee mug tray which Nandini brought last night and went in kitchen. He opened the fridge and looked for milk but the can was empty. But he was still starving so he made black tea for himself and ate some biscuits. To check Nandini he went in that direction and saw her going in her room. So, he made his way to her room. He sat on the bed and saw her searching for something, she grabbed her clothes and went in bathroom. Manik waited for her to come out. After some time Nandini came back and took her bag and phone.