Chapter 2

Nan: What?
J: Dr We found his driving license which tells that his name is Manik Malhotra and he is from India. We tried to reach the contact number which was on the license but no one is answering. He was staying in hotel Pine valley. We also enquired there. When he will get consciousness?
Nan: Even we are waiting for that. Hope is will get well soon.
J: Yes, Dr If we find some more information we will let you know
Nan: Thank you.
The sun went down and the moon started showing it's face.
Nandini's duty was over but she was not ready to leave him. Unwillingly she went home. Before going she checked him twice and patted his head. And whispered " Jaldi se Thik ho jao"
She came home had dinner and drifted in slumber thinking about him.
Next day Nandini came in afternoon to the ICU ward because she had an emergency in other ward. She saw there was a hustle bustle there. She asked one of the nurse.
Nan: what happened?
Nurse: That accident case patient, his condition is very unstable.
Nandini was shocked after listing this she rushed to ICU room and entered inside. The sight made her scared. He was breathing heavily his pulse was not normal. And all the equipments were attached to his body trying to make his condition stable. Nandini was standing there still until she heard the sound of one of the machines. She glanced there and asked the nurse to give her some injection.
She quickly inserted the injection in his body. Almost for two hours everyone was trying Dr. George came to handle the condition but he failed and he went in coma.
Nandini was staring at his face standing all numb. She felt like her world is crashing down. Tears came in her eyes. She ran outside the room Dr. George saw that came out and patted her shoulder.
Dr: We all know Dr Nandini you are trying your best. Let's have faith in God. And don't be sad we have to keep him happy. Now smile.
Nandini smiled weakly and went to her cabin.
For the whole time she was sitting in her cabin thinking about him with teary eyes. Her trance was broken when she heard a knock on the door. She quickly wiped her tears. It was Navya.
Nav: Nandu Let's go for lunch. Come.
Nan: You go Navya I don't feel like having anything.
Nav: Why what happed? Tum Thik ho na? Ro rahi thi kya?
Nan: Nahi kuch nhi.
Nav: Acha batao kya hua?
Nan: Navya wo patient jiska kal accident hua tha wo coma me chala gaya.
Nav: OMG! Par kal to uski condition stable thi na?
Nan: Ha Navya!
Nav: Acha uske bareme kuch pata chala?
Nandini told whatever officer Jack said.
Nan: Pata nhi muze bohot dukh ho raha hai use is halat me dekhke.. I am feeling very attached to him.
Nav: Kya tum usse janti ho?
Nan: Nahi.
Nav: Kya tumne use kahi dekha hai?
Nan: Nhi Navya mai to kabhi India gayi hi nhi.
Nav: Aise hota hai Nandini.. Tum chinta mat kar wo jaldi hi thik ho jayega.. Filal dekho kya halat bana rakhi hai tumne apni. Wash your face. Lunch karke aate hai.
NanVi had their lunch and Nandini came to his room. From the peep window she looked at his face, she felt her cheeks getting wet again. She hurriedly went to her cabin. To divert her mind, she started reading some case file which she was supposed to do before this case. Nurses were time to time updating her about his condition.
She saw the time when it was 8.30 her duty was over before 2 hours. Keeping all things aside she grabbed her belongings and came near his room. She instructed the nurses about his treatment.
Nandini came to the parking lot got into her car and reached home within some time.
She straight away went to her bed and crashed in her pillow. She tried to sleep but failed. Her mind was occupied with his thoughts... Her mind was confused as why she is feeling so attached to him. He just came one day before she doesn't even know him then why she is worried. While thinking she drifted into sleep.

At 2.30 AM
Nandini woke up with a jerk. She had sweat droplets on her face.
" Pata nhi bohot restless feel ho raha hai.. Pr kyun? Kahi usse?"

She called the inchrage nurse which went unanswered. Now Nandini was worried thinking what might have happend to him. Without thinking twice she grabbed her car keys. Driving
in a fast speed she reached hospital. She ran upstairs and reached near his room. Her heart was racing.. She went inside the room. There he was lying peacefully on the bed struggling between death and life.
She sat beside him and had a glass of water; quickly checked him.
She controlled her tears when she reminded Dr George's words.

Nan: Kabtak aise sote rahoge tum? Ab utho bhi. Agar tum uthoge na to mai tumhe chocolate dungi.. Tumhe chocolates pasand hai kya? Nhi pasand hoga to mai kha lungi. Waise tum India me reheto na ?Mera sapna hai India Jane ka.. Sirf mom dad se suna tha.
She kept on talking about random things and slept there only.
In the morning when Dr George came to see Manik; he saw Nandini was sleeping holding his hand.
He smiled and called her softly
Dr: Dr. Nandini...
Nandini opened her eyes and realized she slept here itself.
Dr George again smiled
Dr: Good morning.
Nan: Good.. Good morning Dr.
Dr George asked her to go home and take rest and left the room.
Nandini turned to see him.
Nan: Good morning Mr. Malhotra.
She went near him and patted his head " I'll be back soon ok.. Take care " She left for home and later came back.
This had become a routine now. Nandini used to be with him all the day. She used to talk to him, tell him about her life, patients and doctors in the hospital. Even Navya used to visit him. Nandini made a bond with him. An unspoken bond which was very pure.

A week passes like this.
Nandini was feeling very sorry that she couldn't come since morning.
She came and sat beside him.
Taking his hand in her hand, she started caressing it and said,
" Kya hua gussa ho gaye? Sorry muze ek emergency aa gayi thi.. Isiliye late hua.. Please tum gussa mat hona.. Mai aagese Aise nhi karungi."
She kept on talking to him and got up, patted his cheek and kissed his forehead.Suddenly she felt some movement in his fingers.
In a hope that he will be getting consciousness now she sat beside him and kept on caressing his hand.
She noticed that he was struggling to open his eyes. She checked his pulse and other things.
He opened his eyes half and got a blurred vision of someone who was looking at him and talking something. His brain was not able to register the person.
After adjusting to the light he opened his eyes. Slowly his vision became normal and he saw a young girl in front of him. Nandini called Dr. George and informed him about the situation.
She left his hand and came near him. "How are yu feeling now?" He didn't answer, just kept on looking at her.
It took a little time for him to realize that he was lying on a hospital bed. His body was paining. His head was spinning badly.
Nandini again asked " How are you feeling?" She kept her hand on his head and asked " Is it paining? " He just kept on staring at the ceiling.
Nandini was about say further but the door clicked open and she looked in that direction.