0.6 - make it stop

louis

instead of staying at liam's place, louis just dropped the items off and headed back home. his mum was probably worried sick, even though she knew where he was, but he also wanted to see fizzy.

he walked in, neatly placing his shoes by the entrance, and roamed around until he spotted at least his mum or his sister somewhere in the house. he knew that they had to be home because of his numerous trips over felicite's clothes scattered across the floor from her overnight bag.

he sighed as he bent down to pick up every toy and article of clothing, nicely stuffing it back inside of his 9 year old sister's bag.

"looooooooouis!" he heard a high pitched voice yell softly, indicating it was fizzy, and when he looked up, the tiny child was charging at him with arms wide open and a full smile with only two of her teeth missing. louis crouched down, with his arms open, too, and waited for his sister to launch herself at him. which she did.

he caught her and wrapped his arms all the way around her small waist and she wrapped hers tightly around louis' neck. well, as tightly as she could get them.

"hey, fiz. how was your sleepover?" louis asked, now pulling away from her so that they were face to face, but neither of their arms unlocked from the other.

"awesome! we did games like pinata games and hide and seek, and ate candy, lots and lots of candy, and we had cake and someone threw cake in hannah's face, and we drank a lot of soda which, shh, don't tell mum about that." she unhooked one of her arms from louis' neck so she could hold up her small pointer finger and bring up to her lips.

"it was fun," she concluded. "it would've been funner with lottie, though."

and, okay, that hurt louis a lot. a whole lot. he watched as his little sister's smile turned into a saddened frown and her little cheeks turned rosy red, she had her bottom lip stuck out into a pout. it looked like she was about to cry, but no tears escaped her eyes.

maybe she was all cried out, just like louis was.

"hey, cupcake," louis spoke up, trying to break the tension and silence. he rubbed his larger hands up and down her back to comfort her. "wanna go out for ice cream?"

and that seemed to cheer fizzy up again, her grin now wide and evident on her face. she was smiling so hard louis could barely see her chinky eyes, and that made him happier than ever.

"YEAH!" fizzy yelled, and louis winced at the loud sound. fizzy widened her eyes and covered her mouth with both hands, whispering a "sorry, lou." through her fingers. louis just nodded his head and kissed her cheek before standing up. squatting like that for a long time made his legs feel numb.

just before he could grab some money from the jar in the kitchen, fizzy was already running up the stairs to put her shoes on and jay was standing in front of louis. a worried look on her face.

"hi, mum." louis wrapped his arm around jay's shoulder and gave her a quick kiss on her cheek. she didn't even blink. what was up with her? maybe a bad day at work, louis figured.

"uh, um. louis." she fumbled around with her fingers while speaking. she'd always do that when she was nervous, just like louis, but why was she nervous?

"i need to talk to you, about something."

"okaaaay," louis dragged out the word, and sat down on the arm of the couch, crossing his arms over his chest and waiting for his mum to speak. she swallowed hard before continuing.