Chapter 33- There Is No Innocence Here

Start from the beginning

But yet again, they overcome him. He had managed to make it 10 feet from me before they pummelled him once more, like before. I hysterically endeavoured to pull back my flowing tears, to no evade. The groans of pain, the grunts of disgust were plundering down on my mind, reminding me of the sickening situation. I begged them to stop as fists and elbows continued to rain down on Damon, only to be ignored. Damon wouldn't stop, he just wouldn't stop. He was constantly trying to get up, only resulting in another on-slaughter of vicious cous attacks.

My head began feeling light, nausea building up, not only due to the sight in front of me, but the amount of blood loss I was experiencing. Small pools surrounded each foot, the blood was pouring out of me like wild-fire. The weight of my head dawned on me heavily, slumping forward in my restraints I desperately fought to keep my eyes open.

And then I heard a gunshot.

With sudden unknown strength my head was up, frantically wishing that Damon was not the one wounded, although it seemed inevitable that it would have been hit. Through blurry vision I saw someone slump to the ground beside me. My mind raced, I didn't understand what was happening. The man who had restrained me, he was dead. He had been shot. That much was clear, but by who? I wasn't aware, my sight was darkened, and blurred by tears.

"I said I didn't fucking want her dead!" A familiar voice rang through the air. Luciano.
My head slumped back down, my eyes closing rapidly. I could feel someone untying me, bring me to the ground before wrapping something around the wounds on my arm, attempting to stop the flowing blood. To my disgust, it was Luciano.

"Get the fuck off of me." I mumbled, attempting to push his hands away from me, desperate to see Damon. I was simply ignored, Luciano only continued to help me up. This time, with a little more strength, I pushed hard at him. "Damon!" I shouted, frantically looking for the love of my life.

My heart dropped as I noticed him, barely recognisable, being tied down to a chair a couple of metres away from me. Two men large men, blood smeared on their own faces, were gripping at his arms with rope as he continued to struggle, though incredibly bloody and beaten.

"Saige, are you okay? Get the fuck off of her!" He growled through gritted teeth, unable to shout due to the pain coursing through him. I winced in pain as Lucianos claws brushed over the wounds once more. Damon immediately shouted in anger, shaking wildly, desperate to break from his bonds. I growled as Luciano chuckled in my ear. "He's very possessive, no?"

With all my power, the most disgusted glare was shot in Lucianos direction. How fucking dare he. "What. Do. You. Want?"  I heaved out the word want, because quite frankly I had no clue. He made it clear that he didn't want to trade me for a reward, so what the fuck did he want?

"You. You interest me and I'm curious to see how long you would last." It took every ounce of me to not spit in his face, it was my greatest struggle yet. However my mind new, anything reckless would get us both killed immediately, dragging this out may give us a chance.

"Let Damon go then." I spat out the words, glancing over Luciano's shoulder to look at Damon. My body ached at the sight, he had returned to his usual 'calm' self, the eerie silence and expressionless face which he wore so well in times like this. However, something about it disturbed me. Blood trickled down his head, dripping mercilessly onto the floor beside his feet. But even that wasn't the cause of my uneasiness. It was his eyes. They were planted firmly on me, and to any outsider he would have simply looked empty, but to me? I saw the fear laced in his eyes. Fear for me. I had known Damon for the better part of my life, and I had only seen this amount of fear hidden within on a couple of occasions.

And that disturbed me to the bitter core. He doesn't think we will survive this.

"What, so he can return with more men and hunt me down? I've seen that man with a gun, I've seen that man ruthlessly slaughter dozens of men with only a handful of bullets. I've seen how you drive him on, how you're his strength and his weakness. I have no fear that I would loose my life, but a heavy amount of my family would suffer." Lucianos eyes were planted firmly and seriously on mine, none of the bullshit playful act.

"If you kill him." I paused, my seriousness fighting back at his. "I'll kill myself, but not before I slit your throat and watch you choke on blood."

After saying this, I instantly became afraid. I had just threatened the man with the upper hand. I had just threatened the man who held my life on the palm of my hand. However, to my shock, relief and anger he simply chuckled once more. "in bocca al lupo."

<good luck>

His shoes clicked dangerously on the floor, echoing around the vast hall as he made his way towards Damon. I struggled against my restraints desperately. "Luciano I swear to fucking god!" My shout was threatening, a warning. Unfortunately it didn't have the effect I had hoped, and immediately after a man to the front-right of me pointed a gun at my head. I glared at him swiftly before returning my focus to the two men in the middle.

Damon watched Luciano with a dangerous eyes, sizing him up. In all honesty, it was the most threatening thing I had witnessed, he was almost challenging Luciano with his eye contact, despite being strapped to a chair, bloody and beaten. Slowly, Luciano leaned over   to Damon, whispering something I did not know into his ear.

Upon immediately hearing what Luciano had to say, Damon thrashed in his restraints, growling and shouting in anger as he desperately attempted to break free of the ropes tying him down. He kicked with his right leg, pushing back off the chair as he pulled his arms with all his force.

A loud snap echoed throughout the room, and to everyone's surprise, Damons fists were up in a heart beat. I inhaled sharply, he had just snapped through thick ropes, Luciano's face was in utter shock, painted with a slight bit of fear.

Instantly, Damons fist connected to Luciano's jaw, blood spurted from the bastards lip, and before he could respond, Damons hands were gripping his neck. I screamed out in fear, the rest of the men in the room, who had been a little delayed in their response, immediately charged towards Damon with their guns. I screamed, tears leaking uncontrollably. Luciano fought Damons arms, ripping them from his neck and responding with a punch of his own.

The devils companions immediately tied him down once more. I was petrified, my focus was torn away to Luciano clawing a gun from one of the men's arm and loading it with bullets. "Damon no!" I screamed, as he continued to struggle on the chair. Luciano readied the gun. "Shut her the fuck up!" He shouted in anger, a crimson red lining his teeth.

A gun was pointed to me, but I refused to remain silent. To my ultimate fear, Damon remained calm, doing as the men wanted. He was calm, he was strong, his shoulders were up and his head was straight. "Andrò a farlo dolorosamente lento." Luciano spat out, edging closer and closer and closer to Damon, who turned to face me.

His features were overcome with love as soon as he saw me, I crippled over in pain seeing him like this, my eyes drenched with fresh tears. I looked back up, his eyes met mine once more. "I've always loved you." He mouthed out intensely. Shaking my head hysterically, I shook my head, my voice cracking as I continued to scream for Luciano to stop, tugging on my ropes.

Luciano only ignored me, pointing the gun at Damons abdomen. This way he would bleed out slowly and painfully. "Luciano, stop please!" I wailed, I wanted to appear strong for Damon, but not with this immense threat to his life. Loosing Damon would be loosing my life. There is no life without him. He's beyond anyone I've ever known, he's everything I've ever wanted. With so little time have I had him back. Our love. Our child. Wasted. Gone. Gone with a flash of a gun.

I closed my eyes, praying, begging. And then it came. The gunshot that had been so anticipated.

The gunshot that tore me away from myself. And I doubled over in pain. He had shot him.

Luciano had shot
Him.

**********
VOTE AND COMMENT!