Chapter 4

Daniel

"Room 31E?" Barry the janitor repeats.

You see, all my new "friends" have abandoned me since Jack and Dean have the same classes and Louise and Zoe are both taking Fashion. I'm the only one who's taking Law.

Why the fuck did I take Law again?

I'm kind of lost at this moment since I don't know anyone who's taking the same course as I am.

"Yeah, I have no idea where that is and I'm kind of almost 5 minutes late." As I say these words, in a blink of an eye, I am somehow now on the ground.

"What the fuck?" I say as I rub my now aching ass.

"I'm so sorry!"

I look up to see a man with very colourful hair, and an American accent?

"I'm late to my class, I just arrived and then before that I took a bus ride that took me 25 minutes to find since I have no idea what goes on in this country 'cause I just arrive here from America yesterda-" He rambles on.

I get up and dust off whatever disease my jeans have gotten from the ground.

"That's alright, I'm late too."

"You are?

"Yeah."

"The name's Tyler by the way." The colourful-haired man whose name's apparently Tyler says as he reaches out to me.

"Um, I'm Daniel." I respond. I can't take in all of this socialization. This is too much for me.

"What room are you going to by the way?"

"Room 31E which Barry here-" I turn to look back at Barry the janitor which has apparently left already.

Cunt.

"Oh wonderful, I'm heading towards 31E too!" Tyler says with much enthusiasm.

"So you're taking Law too?"

"Yeah."

Holy Mother of Pearl, finally.

---

We arrive in the Room 31E somehow after 10 minutes of running around and asking for directions. Seriously, this school needs to hand out maps for the new students.

"They do hand out maps." Tyler who is sat beside me whispered.

"Oh, yeah."

"Hm."

"Wait, why didn't you tell me this earlier?" I say with confusion.

"I was just winding you up." Tyler looks at me, portraying an angel which he definitely isn't right now.

"Christ."

The first class goes on like a bore. Why the hecky heck did I get Law?

There's a lot on my mind right now but even if it's filled to the brim with random crap, why does it go back to think about that one specific guy?

Phil.

How is he doing right now?

Wait, he isn't in college so that means he graduated already?

How old is he?

He doesn't look that, we look like we're the same age.

Why does the universe wind things up like that?