Chapter 42: Movie Date

Start from the beginning

The smell of good food hit me and I smiled. Logan looked around and we both turned to a young girl with an apron tied around her waist.

"Hello. Just two?" She smiled at us politely, flashing blue braces.

We nodded and followed her to a table that was near the back. She told us the specials for today and then took our drink orders.

I read through my menu and tried to pick something to eat. I chose the basic chicken strips and fries because of my uncertainty and Logan went with a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup.

We quietly people watched as we waited for our food.

"So, it's going to be a while. Anything you want to do?" I looked at Logan.

He turned away from watching a small tv and shrugged. I could tell he was still bummed about his truck.

"How about....." I bit my lip as I tried to think of something we had yet to do, "How about a movie date? But like, at a cinema? With popcorn and soda and candy?"

Logan smiled at me, "Have you ever been to a theater?"

I nodded, "Oh yeah, my mother loved the opera-"

"A movie theater."

"Oh, uh, no," I chuckled. The waitress came by and placed our plates in front of us.

I dug into my food as Logan looked at me amusedly, "What?"

"It is just so fun. I get to be with you for so many first experiences," he chuckled, dipping his grilled cheese into his soup.

I smiled and shrugged, "It was no fun being sheltered. I'm glad I have you to show me new things that I should've experienced."

Logan nodded, "I would love to take you to the movies."

I happily tore a chicken strip in half, "Great, what do you want to see?"

Logan made a thoughtful face and sort of shrugged, "I dunno. We can pick when we get there."

"I bet you want to see a horror movie," I chuckled as I squirted ketchup all over my fries.

"I don't think a bunch of other people want to hear you scream."

"Well you like it," I looked at Logan suggestively and he coughed on his soup.

A laugh escaped him and he looked around to see if anyone had heard me.

"You're not wrong," he laughed, his cheeks a little pink.

"How about a romantic comedy?" I offered, feigning excitement. I could see the pain in Logans eyes as he looked at me but he forced a smile.

"Sure babe, whatever you wanna see."

I started to laugh, "I'm kidding, Logan. Maybe there's a new action movie out we can see."

He grinned at me, "Thank you."

We finished up our dinners, split a slice of the most delicious chocolate pie I've ever had, and I paid for the meal. Logan asked the cashier where the closest cinema was and she told us the address. I'm sure the auto place can wait if we're just a little late.