Chapter 25*

The next week Zulema was informed of a party. It made her quite nervous because she wasn't social at all at the last party. She was too busy fucking Harry upstairs. After that, she was quite drunk to truly cherish the memories that occurred after that. However, she was pretty excited just to get out of the house- she always was.

Zulema was sitting at the countertop waiting for her shift to be over. She took extra hours since Harry would be staying after school for the extra course program that he was in so he wouldn't pick her up until about five.

After telling him almost everything she wanted to let out, she wasn't just relieved because she'd finally talked but relieved that he was to have someone she could confide in. But, knowing that also meant he was the only person to know even that much about her.

Zulema never tried to be stay closed off about her secrets, in fact, she yearned to talk to someone- about anything. However, so much has prevented her from any kind of relationship with even someone as simple as an acquaintance.

Most importantly, she didn't want to be saved. She felt weak every so often, and the fact that she had really been all on her own her whole life gave her a sense of power. She couldn't let anyone take that away. Her stability was hers.

The girl hopped off the counter when seeing Harry's car outside. She grinned before grabbing her bag and walking out of the diner.

"How was the program?" Zulema asked before closing the door.

Harry rolled his eyes, "horrible," he rubbed his temples before locking the doors and started the engine again.

"Aw, why?" Zulema tilted her head.

"You know that guy Ryan?" He asked and began driving.

"Oh yeah, he's in our biology class," she remembered the shy blonde kid who helped her with a lab project.

"Yeah well, he's fucking smart," the boy grumbled.

Zulema chuckled, "why is that a bad thing?"

"Because the program ranks us in each subject and he's leading in science right now. I normally wouldn't care, but I want to be able to tell Stanford that I ranked first in everything when I apply."

Zulema sighed and put her hand over his that rested on his leg and she brought it to her thigh, "don't say that. I'm guessing you're leading in everything else, let him have just this one-"

"It doesn't work that way. Science and math are always the most important," he shook his head.

"Okay... then you're dumb," Zulema nodded.

Harry looked at her and furrowed his brows, "what?" He focused back on the road.

"That's what you wanna hear right? You're not going to stop complaining until I tell you you're dumb," she stated. Of course she wasn't serious.

"No, I'm not dumb," he said very defensively.

"Okay then," Zulema stared again, "stop acting like you are. If you know you're smart then stop trying to act like there's no way you can be above him, because you can I know you can," she reasoned calmly.

"I don't know..." he trailed off uneasily.

"Stop letting the college process get to you. Should I remind you that you played four years of varsity soccer?"

"It's not enough," he sighed. It really wasn't. If top-ranked colleges didn't see you killing yourself over every little thing throughout high school, the admissions people would laugh at your application and skip to the more impressive one.