Chapter 35

Q: what do you love more: thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas, or New year?

Mine is Thanksgiving. (By the way I hope you all had an amazing thanksgiving and I'm so thankful for you all. I remember having 300 reads and coming home from school all excited to read like five comments. Now I come home and can barely keep up with them haha. Thank you all so much; you are cherished ❤️).

-

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" Harry asked Zulema as she shut her locker door.

Zulema rolled her eyes, "yes. Stop worrying about me for once," she sighed and tossed a sweatshirt over her head.

He sighed too and then nodded before bidding her goodbye and heading to his first period class. Zulema did not feel like to going to class at all. She was scared she would start feeling any kind of pregnancy symptoms and she would have to throw up or something like that.

She still had postponed her appointment for another week since Harry needed to make a trip to the bank to take money out.

He was just relieved to guide her through whatever she needed.

Zulema contemplated going to class, but easily remembered that she needed to graduate. She remembered promising this to herself and it was one promise that she'd stuck with for a long time.

Lunch rolled around pretty quickly, which she was so thankful for since she was starving. For once she actually wanted to eat what their school was serving.

Zulema held onto her tray and sat down at their usual table. Everyone was pretty much talking amongst themselves except Harry since he went to tutor during his lunch period.

"You alright?" Benny asked Zulema, from across the table as she looked queasy.

"I wish people would stop telling me that," she sighed and rested her cheek on her palm.

"Sorry," he mumbled, unsure of what she was taking about.

"No, I'm sorry," she shook her head, "I'm just, I don't know... upset."

"What's wrong?" Benny furrowed his brows.

Zulema bit her lip, "I have no idea what I'm doing with my life."

Benny laughed, "then the whole school is upset. Because I don't either."

Zulema laughed too, "I know but at least you have an idea of what you want to do. You said you looked into criminal justice right?"

Benny nodded as if it wasn't a big deal. But it was. He was just tying to give her comfort.

"That's great. I'm completely lost."

Benny shook his head, "well that's not true, you have to like something."

Zulema shook her head. Art didn't count. If she were to tell a teacher that, the teacher would not call art a realistic goal. She needed something pragmatic.

"I don't know. I guess a job will be fine, but I just want something I'm gonna enjoy, you know?" Zulema asked.

"I feel you too," Benny looked down and played with his hands, "but I mean you have the rest of your life to live. Think about going to school as your first goal," he looked at her as he stuffed food into his mouth, "then start thinking about what your future will permanently look like. You have people looking out for you," he smiled.

Zulema smiled too, "thanks, Benny. Your little girlfriend better not let you go."

He laughed nervously, "she kind of already did?"