Chapter 28

It was that next Saturday night where Harry realized it was the first Saturday he'd spent without her in months. He sat in his room and played 2k. It was what he usually did except she wasn't there. Neither was Benny whom used to come over as well. Antoine and the rest were a different story. He only partied with them and hung out with them at lunch. They weren't too involved in anything personal. And there was no party this weekend.

After he finished showering and eating, he sat in his bed, pondering through difficult questions from his calculus class. He couldn't wait until the first semester was over with. Just a few more weeks and he was free. Especially from all the damn stress.

All his life, he carried book after stupid book. He turned in all his work on time- made sure it was perfect. But one thing he could not do because of soccer, was take the time to really understand everything he was learning. To process it. Because grades did not determine how smart he was.

Closing his textbook, he received a call. However it was an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Harry?"

It was Zulema. His heart ached at the sound of her voice. Like how the inside of your cheek stung when you hadn't had anything sweet or savory to eat in days.

"Who's phone are you using?" He mumbled, confusingly. He should have hung up on the spot. He couldn't face her just yet. However it was easier this way not having to look into her beady eyes.

"My house phone," she giggled. Why would she giggle?

"Are you drunk?" He asked her calmly.

"Nuh-uh," she hummed.

"Where were you drinking at?" Harry asked. For some reason the thought of her drinking alone worried him.

"A-A friends house," she hiccuped, playing with her hair on the other line as she held the phone to her ear.

"Who-"

"I called to tell you something, thanks to you I forgot," she rolled her eyes and then closed them, deciding that they were more comfortable closed.

"I'm sorry. What were you going to say?" He tried to not talk as if he were mad at her. He wasn't mad anymore about what happened. He was upset that she was drunk with people he didn't know.

"I forgot!" She reminded him and laughed again. Her odd sounding laugh. He didn't even need music to entertain him. Her laugh could make him smile for years and so on.

"Oh, right," he muttered.

"Harry..." Zulema trailed off again after she'd stop laughing. She was trying to be serious but her voice seemed to be captured by the effects of alcohol.

"Yes?"

"I'm drunk," She hiccuped.

He chuckled, "I couldn't tell."

"Oh. Well, I am."

"Who, uh, who were you with?" He scratched the back of his neck as he tried to speak cooly.

"Some guy I used to know at my old school and his friends," she spoke nonchalantly. If she were sober she'd be able to know that mentioning another guy would have been a problem.