Chapter 33

One of the farthest memories Harry had when he was a kid was when he went to his first soccer game. He didn't remember what teams were playing but he did remember that the team in his fathers favor had won. It was a nice day because it was the one day where everything wasn't about Axel.

Sure it was selfish for Harry to think- even as a kid. But for once it seemed like Harry got all the attention. It was a memory that he wouldn't ever forget. Harry liked having memories from the past. But ones like this, where he'd remember he got his girlfriend pregnant at 18 years old, was not at all a memory he expected to have.

"Zulema," Harry croaked, voice sounding tired from not speaking for so long.

"Just don't," Zulema said before he got to continue.

"Don't what?" He furrowed his brows.

A tear fell from Zulema's eyelid and she wiped it quickly before rolling her eyes and walking past him. Harrys heart beat sped as he followed her to wherever she was going. It seemed she wanted some air since she was headed outside.

However she must have wanted to leave because she kept walking and wouldn't stop, even when she passed his car.

"Zulema!" Harry called but she kept walking. He had to catch up to her before he was able to grab her arm in his hand.

When she turned to him she was already crying. She couldn't face him. Who would be able to face their teenage boyfriend after telling him she's pregnant? Zulema didn't have one thing in common with her mom she had two. She was a liar and a whore.

"Talk to me would you?" He breathed in eagerness. He could barely process what she even said. Was she even sure? What a stupid question, she must've taken a test. She seemed pretty normal after all until today.

"What to you want me to say? I'm knocked up," Zulema chuckled bitterly and dropped her arms.

"Don't say that," Harry muttered.

"Say what? That I'm pregnant? It's true-"

"You don't have to be so mean about it."

"I'm sorry.. is this supposed to be a nice thing?" Zulema didn't mean to sound so harsh. She wasn't angry at him. She was angry at herself. For letting everything get this far and not slowing down.

"No- just. Just calm down, let me think for a second," he sighed and rubbed his chin in exhaustion.

"Well you don't have to, I know what I'm going to do," Zulema replied instantly, causing his chest to drop.

"What?" As if he already knew what she was suggesting.

"We can't..." she turned around for a couple of seconds and then turned back around, "we can't have a baby, Harry. You want to go to Stanford and I just quit my job. We shouldn't even be considering having it-"

"But Zulema..." his heart felt so broken. How could he tell her that he thought this was wrong? That he wouldn't be able to truly agree to it? He knew he had no say in what happened to her body, but he somehow wanted to convince her it was a bad idea.

"I'm sorry, I-" she closed her mouth and chewed on her fingernail before responding, "it's all I can think of."

"A-And what about adoption?" Of course he didn't want that either.

"No. I-I can't give my child to a stranger and then wonder where the child is all my life o-or worry if she or he is going to look for me one day. That always happens, Harry, I can't go through that. I won't," Zulema shook her head frantically and then chewed on her fingernail again.