16

Ben has been awake for a while now, he's not doing any better when he first woke up a week ago. I had already discussed this with everyone that I am taking him back to the States since medical care is better there. I am not going to spend money here with things can be done for probably the same price with efficiency. Baek was upset, but I convinced him that Ben will heal in no time and we will come back and really start all over.

"Ben, honey... we're going on a private plane." I hold his hand delicately, afraid I might hurt him. 

"Do you know what is a private plane?" I crouch down, making sure he is warm enough since it's cold back in New York.

"No" He looks at me with his sad eyes. He's upset that Baekhyun cannot come with us to New York.

I sign, "Well, it's a big plane that zooms in the sky-"

He lifts his right fist upwards, "Like Superman!" I chuckle, "Ya, but guess what? We get it all to ourselves!" His eyes grew as if I gave him candy. "Rwelly?"

"Yup! And once you're feeling better we can even get back on the plane and come back."

"Come on, mommy! We have to go zoom first!" He pulls me and I almost fell on the ground. Time to go back to New York.

--

"Ok, Benjie, I'm going to take a test and I need something from you." Emily sits down next to Ben who is watching some new and popular tv show for kids.

"Ok." Ben sits up and puts out his arm for Emily. It's like he knew she needed to draw out some blood to examine it.

Emily cleans the spot that she is going to stick the needle in. "I promise if you just continue to watch the tv you won't notice a thing. Now, relax."

Ben focuses on the tv smiling at what the penguin said to the octopus. While he was distracted, Emily drew out the blood. She nods at me and walks out of the room. "I'll be back Ben."

I walk out of the room and I close the door behind me. "I'm going to examine the blood and see if the blood cells are reproducing as fast as we thought." I nod since I know what that means. 

"Chemo was working, Bomi it is just you can't get rid of Cancer. It will always be there, as doctors and nurses we are just doing anything to lessen the process. And hopefully, find a cure for this freaking thing."

I sign, "Ya I understand. I- just can he get a bone marrow implant or something. It's just that I heard about it and I want to try everything." I look at the small window in Ben's room. He's drinking his chocolate milk while watching the show.

"Follow me to the computer." So we walk to the wide hallway where the computers and the nurses were at.

 "Trisha type in the wait list for bone marrow transplant." The girl whom I assume is Trisha immediately types it in. Trisha whistles, "Like always a long wait list." 

Damn, "Is it a long wait list to get it because of cancer or is because of something else too?" I just ask because it's so long.

"It's a long wait list but if you want to be tested or someone else you know wants to. But I have to tell you don't have too much hope. We don't know if its a match or not." 

We walk to Ben's room and before I walk in, I whispered, "Hope is all I have when It comes to him, Ems." She gives me a hug and then she left for another patient.

--

"Ok, so tests results will come out next week or two weeks later." 

"I could have told her Brett." Emily gets up and put on her light jacket. 

"Well I know but you're off today and so technically I'm working and it's mandatory to tell them," Brett says bye and Ems and I go out for some lemonade. It helps not being in a hospital room all day. Poor Ben, he has been there since we landed here.

We enter the little shop and I tell Emily that I got it since she has done enough since I got back. "Hi, welcome to Beanie's Lemonade Buzz. How may I help you today?" Asked the man in a yellow shirt and white apron. Not the most ideal color in the world in my opinion. Yellow?

"Hi. I would like to get one medium original lemonade and one medium pink lemonade. And I would like to have two loaves of the sweet cream bread, please." The boy types it in, "That would be $14.38. Card or cash?"

I grab my wallet, "Cash." I hand him a 15 dollar bill and he gave me my cents back. But I put it in the donation tip for this place because the lemonade is just heavenly.

"Here is your receipt. Thank you." I walk to Emily and we wait for our drinks. "So how is your boyfriend?" I smile at her as she blushes. 

She plays with her bracelets that I know he got for her. I remember the phone call that night, she squealed in my ear. I was mad but I couldn't be mad at her because they are so cute together.

"We're wonderful. He asked me to move in with him-" 

"E, that's amazing! He really loves you!" She blushes even more. "Here are your drinks and treats ladies. Have a nice day." The waitress puts it down in front of us along with a few napkins. 

She takes a sip and wipes her lips with the napkin, "I declined because I have so much and I still have a few more semesters. I don't know if I have to retake a class but I'll see." I widen nodding at her, "I forgot you become so messy with your notes."I take a bite off the hot warm bread and I cut the bread in half for Ben.

"Exactly so I said no. Then he took it the wrong way," She shakes her head, "Then I explained to him about my situation. But we will when I finish."  

I drink my original lemonade and smile because it's so good. "So how is Baekhyun?"

Oh gosh.