"Look, we really shouldn't even, I shouldn't have said anything-"

Colby takes my hands and squeezes them, "No. Don't say that. I have no regrets today and I think you shouldn't either."

"What are you talking about? I don't regret anything..." I murmur.

"See, now I know you do. You don't want to tell anyone you like me, you want Ellie to still be with me, you were about to say you shouldn't have said you liked me to me,... Ash, you're beginning to regret everything! I don't want you to. Because I'm glad my life is finally getting straightened up. I'm admitting to an internal battle right now. The war's almost over, Ashlyn. The war's almost over."

"But Colby, you know what we're putting at risk? Our relationships, our feelings, possibly our careers for all I know! You and Sam are best friends, wh-what if Sam likes me? Plus, I'm going to be a full time med-student, I won't have time to go out and be a teenager. I know Ellie probably loves you. She's liked you since the beginning. She deserves a little more than being dumped for her best friend. I've owed it to Ellie for being the girl I can always rely on, no matter how fucked up everything gets. At least make her break up with you. If anything, I'll feel...guilty."

He blinks longingly, "You're a kind one, princess."

"I try, Sir Cole Robert Brock," I half smile.

He hesitates, "Do you not want to be with me?"

"Were you planning to get into a relationship with me?" I ask.

"I don't know. I'm certainly not leaving L.A. anytime soon." He sighs.

"Why wouldn't you leave?"

"Living in L.A. is a new life style for me now. I'm not going to college, Ash. I'm not going to become any doctor or lawyer. I'm going to inspire ,motivate, and make people laugh. I'm going to change the world with social media. You're going to change the world by finding the cure for cancer or some thing that will stop the blood sugar for diabetes patients from going so low. You're going to physically heal people. I am too but with my words. The only way for me to do that is the power of social media. Sam and I are going so far on YouTube and Vine. We can't give up. The reason we started Vine was to get a following to spread the message of going onward and upward, hence we are creating a project. The Life Project."

"And here is the one thing I never knew about you," I ponder.

"Is that a good thing?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Course it is. I'm a little, surprised, but, proud of you." I reply, "You're going to cure people and touch people's lives in a way that will make their souls happy. You've already touched mine, Brock."

He smiles, "One down, a few million more to go."

"But, anyways, I don't think we should be together."

His content expression fades at my words. "Because of Ellie?"

"Because of our lives," I mumble. "I can't be in a relationship while my best friend has to deal with getting out of one. It makes me feel guilty."

"Ugh, why do you have to be such a nice person," He groans, leaning over to kiss my cheek. I blush at the contact. I glance for a second at his captivating pupils and he steals a peck from my lips.

"Colby, you can't kiss me while you're dating someone," I giggle.

"Who's going to tell?" He smirks. "Think of it this way, whatever is said in the car, stays in the car."

I raise an eyebrow, "You didn't say anything, you kissed me. That's an action, smart one."

He rolls his eyes, "Okay I'm modifying the car pact. Whatever happens in the car-"

"Stays in the car," I finish.

"That's my girl," He chuckles.

"You can't say that, I'm not your girl!" I retort.

"Hey, we just discussed that whatever happens in the car, stays in the car. And hello, we're in the car. Which we are counting to be my car, I can say or do whatever I fucking want, babe," He smirks, leaning over and connecting our lips again.

He pulls the back of my neck gently to his face and I drop my ice pack to tangle our fingers together. I move my mouth in a steady sync with Colby's. He slowly parts his lips and slips a swipe of his tongue. It wasn't getting too heated but, his soft lips were passionate, and fulfilling.

Gentle.

We pull away to catch our breath and both sit back in our seats.

"We can't tell anybody that we had this conversation, Colbs." I sigh.

"That's what the car pact is for, stupid."

/////

It's now the next day and I just woke up off the couch. It's probably nine a.m. at the earliest.

After we got back to the beach house, which was around ten o'clock, we parted ways. We went off and partied hard with our friends and got a little intoxicated to forget about our worries. We didn't talk to each other for the rest of the night. We had to pretend like nothing happened.

When people asked about my head, I said I just fell.

I never said that I fell because I was looking for Colby.

When people asked about where I had gone for a few hours, I said I was just somewhere in the house within the crowd.

I never said that I was confessing to Colby that I liked him.

When people asked about where Sam's car went, I said it was just me out getting more food for the party.

I never said that Colby took me to the hospital and that we spent two hours talking about life on the side of the road, overlooking the sunset.

I just didn't.

And neither did he.

Yeah, I may have confessed to my rival that I like him.

And in the end, he likes me too.

But I still hate liking him.

He has to like my best friend.

Only because,

I'd feel guilty,

if he didn't.

I hate liking my rival.

-----------------------------------------------

I'm sorry.

i know.

they're not together.

my bad.

But I love you all for continuing to read (like 7K YO) and vote!! It really motivates me so keep it up!!<33 I need to ask of ya'll for something for a sec.

Do you guys have questions for me?? PLEASE ASK ME ANYTHING I'M OPEN YO.

I have questions for you guys... I'm thinking about writing another book, but it will be dedicated to the point of views (POVS) of Colby! It will be "bonus" chapters of you, the readers, choice! I don't know if ya'll would want to read his POV but hey it might be interesting;) lemme knowwwwww!

COMMENT, *VOTE* & SHARE!! DON'T BE SHY, FEEDBACK IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!

comment "vroom vroom car pact" if you read up to here ahaha

hugs, kt