"What's my dog's name?" I ask.

He thinks about it for a second. "You don't have a dog," He says in a matter of a fact type manner.

"Woah, correct. Thought I could trick you there..." I giggle.

He shakes his head, "Funny joke, you can't fool me, no sirree."

I gasp, "I'm a ma'am, Sir Cole Robert Brock."

He chuckles lowly, "My bad, m'lady."

We laugh again. "You know too much about me," I say.

"I know too much about you?" He asks, fake shocked, "Not surprised, I do know too much about you." He ends with a shrug.

I smile, "You're somethin' else, boy."

"Damn straight."

I smile and look away for a second to gaze at the sunset. He notices me staring at it and he pays his attention to its beautiful blues, pale yellow and red shades.

"Do you ever wish you could just go back in time and change everything?" I ask in a hush.

"Why do you ask?" He asks back.

"I'm curious to know. Especially since I don't know your answer for once," I half grin.

He gives a happy nod, "Well, I don't. The past is in the past, and you can't change anything about it once something's been done."

"But why wouldn't you change anything?" I counter.

I want him to say that he wishes he didn't treat me poorly back then, as conceded as it is.

"Because if I change something from the past, I wouldn't be where I am now," He smiles sincerely.

"And where are you?"

"Sitting right here," He pats the seat, "With you."

"Cheesy, cheesy," I blush.

That was a better answer than the one that was just circling my thoughts.

"Would you change anything from the past?"

Suddenly becoming shy, I whisper, "Nope. Not anymore. You're right, I wouldn't change anything."

He grins, "Good. There are people out there who are so inconsiderate, they don't think about the lives they affect. Those are the people who aren't worth changing for."

"Don't change for me, Colby Brock," I say.

"Only if you don't change for me, Ashlyn Neil."

"Colby... I haven't told anyone I've liked you."

"Well, I haven't admitted it to anyone yet either. So?"

I look down, sadness growing across my cheeks, "You're dating Ellie. Ellie's going to hate me."

"Screw Ellie, Ash. Screw fucking Ellie." He states.

I'm a little shocked he'd say something so insensitive. She's still my best friend.

"Colby, I've known her since I started learning the alphabet. I can't fucking 'screw' her. Why would you say that?" I defend.

He looks back, equally shocked. He wipes his mouth, "D-dd you just not?!" he glances back and forth, "Did you not see her being a drunken mess, she's fucking some other dude right at the moment. She invited me to a threesome, she has no chill, like- like she's been a real whore lately."

"That WHORE is my best friend! Also, keyword is drunken. She's drunk, she won't remember when she gets the hangover tomorrow." I persuade.

"Okay, yeah right whatever," He waves off.