Chapter 33: All Good Things

Start from the beginning

"He didn't act like he gave a shit, did he?" I stared at her as she shook her head. "That's fucked up, right? I mean, hitting a woman is against the law and he should immediately have Luis under arrest, right?"

Dinah sat there for a minute, "You have to understand that Luis  is one of them," I stared at her as I didn't understand that much. She sighed, "Walz, they're not going to jump up and arrest him so quickly. They're most likely going to need more evidence,"

I stared at her, "How much more evidence? I have a damn video of him slapping her and choking her, I mean, that's perfect evidence right there to lock him up," I was getting pissed. This was bullshit.

The officer walked back in with two other officers, one male and female. They both greeted us and the officer grabbed the phone to show them the video. I watched as they were watching the video and I couldn't help but think how stupid this really is.

The officer sat the phone down after it was over and looked at me, "You're Camila Cabello, correct?" I nodded. "We have a report from Luis claiming that you are having an affair with your teacher, Lauren Jauregui, the one who is present in this video," oh God.

He stared at me, "Now, I want to ask you some questions," great.

"Does it involve the video?" I stared at him.

"Sorta. Were you the one videoing?" I nodded. "And this was at Miss Jauregui's home?" again, I nodded. "What were you doing at her home?"

Oh shit.

I looked over at Dinah as she looked back at me and I could feel my heart racing. Damn it, Cam! Why the hell was I not thinking correctly? I knew they would ask this, but I wasn't prepared for it.

I had to come up with something though. "I was there because," he stared at me waiting for my answer. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I felt my hands become sweaty. "I knew that he was abusing her, and I wanted to get proof," believable.

He stared at me for a moment, "How did you personally know this?"

"Because I asked her one day about the marks on her neck,"

"And she told you?"

"Yes," idiot.

"Why would she tell a student?"

"Why would she lie to one?" bam, bitch.

"Well, in some cases, regarding one's personal life, I would assume that she wouldn't want to share that information," he stared at me waiting for me to slip up,

"Well, you assumed wrong," but I wasn't slipping up. "Miss Jauregui wouldn't lie to a student, no matter what the question was. She's always honest," I stared at him as he was processing my words.

"I see," oh, do you?

I watched as he thought for a minute, "Well, this comes back to the first question I asked," I stared at him. "What were you doing at her home?" I looked at him and the other officers as they were waiting for my answer.

"I told you that I knew he was abusing her, and I also knew that he would be there,"

"That still doesn't make sense why a teacher would allow a student into her home to record her ex husband abusing her,"

Yeah, that didn't make sense.

Before I had the chance to say anything, "She just cares about her teacher, I mean, we all do. Miss Jauregui is a wonderful woman who doesn't deserve to be treated like shit by her ex husband, who clearly doesn't get the meaning of divorce. So, if you want to sit here and ask questions on Cam's part about why she was over at her house and not ask the real question about Luis, who is an officer here, abusing his ex wife, then this police station isn't nothing but shit," Dinah stared at them and I was completely speechless as I watched the officers stand there not saying anything.