Chapter 31: Confessions & Plans

Start from the beginning

“I know and I know how you must be feeling, but don’t let your emotions cloud your judgment once again. Remember what happens when you do that. Tomomi is new, don’t forget that. She probably panicked under the pressure; we certainly didn’t train her to handle something like this. Cut her some slack this one time, you can beat her next time if she does it again.”

Tomomi stiffened from Mami’s words. She knew it was probably just Mami’s sick sense of humor speaking again but Mami offering to let Haruna beat on her for any reason certainly didn’t sit well with Tomomi. She still didn’t fully understand Mami’s sense of humor or sarcastic ways yet.

Haruna growled lowly, her ridged body turned around to face Tomomi again. Her dark glare burned holes into Tomomi’s being, the brunette letting out another whimper for the countless time that day. She didn’t really see what else she could do but cower and whimper under Haruna’s glare. She certainly couldn’t stand up to Haruna.

“Fine, I will let it pass this once but let me make it crystal clear to you that if you ever hide anything from me again, I will not let you off so easily, Tomomi. You are one of mine now, I am your boss. You will answer to me when you find out something like this, do you understand?”

“Yes…”

“Good. Now, we’ll figure out what to do about Mao later…”

“You can’t!” Tomomi hadn’t even thought about what she was shouting before she had shouted. The only thing that had registered in her mind was Haruna saying they needed to do something about Mao and the fear set in for Tomomi. She couldn’t just let Haruna touch Mao, the gang would break Mao within seconds and Tomomi couldn’t bear the thought of them hurting Mao.

Haruna didn’t appear pleased by Tomomi’s shout, however. She stepped closer to Tomomi, her already dark glare deepening even more. She kneeled down in front of Tomomi, gripping her chin in a manner so similar to Hana that sent chills through her.

“Never interrupt me again, Tomomi,” Haruna said in a low and menacing tone. She let her hand fall away from Tomomi’s body, pushing herself back into a standing position before walking away from the now sufficiently terrified brunette.

Haruna stopped in the middle of the room, her eyes looking around at the girls who sat littered about the room. She looked over at Rina and noticed that Yukako and Aina had successfully gotten Rina’s wound patched. It seemed like Aina was doing most of the work guided by Yukako’s instructions, the short brunette couldn’t really do much with only one working arm.

“As I was saying,” Haruna began, her tone dripping with venom. Tomomi gulped, looking down to the floor to avoid any more eye contact with the boss. “We can discuss what to do with Mao later. For now, I want to discuss what exactly we’re planning to do about Hana.”

“I could always go pay her a visit, I wouldn’t mind,” Mami piped up. Tomomi glanced over at Mami; she could feel a sense of gratefulness in her for Mami’s offers. At the same time, she could feel a sense of guiltiness in her for thinking about what Mami or the others could do to Hana for this.

“You will not be laying a hand on Hana until I give you the say so, and I won’t be giving you that permission,” Haruna countered her quickly. Mami growled lowly, her fingernails digging into the skin on her arms.

“Why not? Have you already forgotten what she did? Look at what she did to you and Tomomi. Look at what she did to Yukako for Christ’s sake, Haruna! She deserves to pay for it…”

“And she will pay for it,” Haruna interrupted loudly and sternly. Mami pursed her lips together, knowing full well that the boss was not happy with her outburst. She had no control over it though, she’d taken Haruna’s words as the girls weren’t going to do anything to Hana and that angered the blonde.