Chapter 17: Saved From Pain

BEN's POV: I sighed, I didn't want to knock her out, but it would hurt me if I saw her crying. I guess you could say I saved her from the pain for now... I placed her unconscious body in her parents bedroom. It wouldn't be a pretty sight if she woke up in a bloody room. And of course, now I had to do some cleaning.

I stared sadly at _____'s parents. It makes me sad, even when I'm not supposed to feel anything towards dead people. It was my job in a way, but this is something I didn't do. My thoughts were surrounded by different people; the one's who could have possibly caught this.

"Jeff? I don't think so... Jack? No. He promised, and he always takes the kidneys," I thought as I looked inside the body's, not something I should simply stare at, but I'm used to it; "Jane? Impossible. She and _____ get along really well!" I'm running out of ideas. I don't have many people that would harm _____'s parents in anyway.

I pretended this never happened, quickly burying her parents were she wouldn't be able to see them. Wiping my dirty hands off my tunic, I walked back inside, grabbing some cleaning supplies and removing the blood stains from _____'s room.

---

I rushed back upstairs as soon as I heard ruckus. I hoped nothing happened to her. I need to stop leaving her alone like that! Well... Come to think of it, what would have happened if I didn't take her with me to the mansion? She would be dead by now, and I would be suffering.

I slowly opened the bedroom's door, _____ was rubbing her eyes and looking around the room, she was obviously confused; "I see you're awake." I said softly, she snapped her head towards me, a smile quickly came over her lips. I took a seat next to her, and she quickly hugged me above my waist. I smiled, kissing the top of her head.

"Why was I sleeping?" She asked, not letting me go; "You fainted while traveling through my computer." I lied, I couldn't tell her I knocked her out. It would make her remember the living nightmare she had before that. She nodded, standing up from the bed. On the inside, I felt disappointed that she let go.

"Where are you going?" I asked, still a tad bit worried about her. "To change," She said stated tersely. I nodded, laying back down on the bed, waiting for her to finish. I guess I could... No! She needs her space. I shook off my perverted thoughts, she can't do any of those with me! ...Yet...

"BEN?" _____ yelled my name. I got up, walking down the stairs, seeing her holding a bloody rag. My eyes widened; "Why is this covered in.. blood?" She asked. "I.. Uh, feel later." ____ nodded, I could tell she was still suspicious.

But for now? All that matters is that she doesn't question about her parents.

Normal POV: You set the bloody rag in the trash, not even bothering to clean it. It'd been a hard day for you, considering you couldn't remember half of what happened earlier. You still felt woozy, so what BEN said might have been true. (We know you don't, but pssh.. Deal with it.)

"Can you invite the guys over?" You said with a distinct sadness in your voice, "I feel like I need more company," You stated. You could tell BEN was slightly hurt from this, seeing you'd rather spend time with his friends than with him alone. Yes, you did prefer being alone with him, but right now, you needed something else to distract you. You sat on the couch, while BEN? He sat on the floor, controller on one hand, a power drink in the other.

You gave BEN a few glares as he slowly called the gang, one by one. You rolled your eyes playfully, getting up from the couch and into the kitchen. Somehow, you knew BEN was going to ask fo- "_____?" BEN called, "Yes?"

"Can you bring me food?" There it is. You smiled, grabbing a bag of chips and placing them in front of BEN. You watched as he forcefully ripped open the bag, you laughed. "What?