21

CHAPTER 21

"I forgot to tell you yesterday," Aiden began as we were getting dressed, the morning rain blowing against the windows.

"What?" I asked irritably. For some reason, this morning, I felt irritated by everything. It seemed to itch at my mind like a pest.

"Ok." Aiden threw his jacket to the bed. "What's the matter with you this morning? You seem grumpy with me, have I done anything?" His brows creased together and his eyes drooped sadly.

I slumped to the bed and placed my head in my hands. "No, of course you haven't. I don't know why but I just feel moody today."

"Is it a woman thing?" He asked, looking slightly scared.

I chuckled. "I don't think so- I think it's just a 'me' thing, today. What did you want to tell me?"

Sitting beside me, Aiden kissed my cheek. "Emma left a note."

"What did it say?" I asked, immediately feeling interested spark in my mind.

"It said that war is coming soon- she will return." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "It seems the war of Tooth and Claw is still on its way, quickly."

I wiped my hand across my forehead. Sweat beaded on my skin.

"Jamie, you look a bit grey... I think you should go and see Julien." He felt my temperature. "Do you feel ok?"

"I feel a bit queasy..."

----

Aiden, being the protective mate he is, instantly took me to Julien.

The pale doctor took a look at me before taking my hand. "Alpha, could you wait out here?"

Without waiting for the answer, Julien pulled me inside and sat me down on a pale green bench-table thing.

"Do you feel Ill? Irritable? Hot?" He asked.

I nodded. "All of them."

Sighing, Julien lifted up a plastic beaker. "Luna, this may seem awkward but it is needed- please pee in this cup. " He pointed. "The bathroom is through there."

When I returned, Julien took the beaker from me as I blushed. He ran some tests and when he was over, he called Aiden into the room.

"Is everything ok?" Aiden asked, "Is it the bite she got?"

"Oh no." Julien shook his head- then he began grinning. "It's good news- you're going to have a baby."

I felt my heart skip at his words. "W-What?"

"Are you serious?" Aiden asked, also clearly surprised.

Julien nodded. "I thought you'd be happy..."

Aiden laughed. "I am!" He sat down heavily on a chair. "I'm going to be a father."

"I'm going to be a mother." I whispered.

'No shit Einstein!' Leona laughed.

"That's generally what happens when you have a child." Julien chuckled.

Aiden placed a hand over his mouth; he was smiling through his fingers. "I-I-I"

He stood up and hugged me tight. "I love you so much..." He whispered. I felt a tear drop onto my shoulder.

"You're crying!" I giggled, tears threatening my own eyes.

"I'm so happy!" He laughed, sniffling.

"So am I." I smiled. "But, this baby will be born in the middle of a war..."

"We'll protect it." Aiden gazed into my eyes. "I will protect you and that baby with my life."