4

"Can we pleeeeaaase go get milkshakes?" Chase whined for the millionth time.

Aiden laughed. "You're a lot like my sister, Lois." He smiled. "She's a drama queen too."

Chase huffed. "I'm not a drama queen! How could you!"

I snorted. "Yeah, right."

He stuck out his tongue with a laugh.

"I didn't know you had a sister." I said to Aiden.

He shrugged. "Actually, I have two- and a brother."

"Their parents really liked doing it." Raffi giggled wickedly.

Aiden growled and hit Raffi playfully. "Shut up!"

"Miiiiiiilkshaaaaaake!" Chase moaned.

"Okay okay!" Aiden relented, grabbing his car keys. "We'll go get some drinks and then come back- my parents are coming to visit in a few days so we need to tidy up a bit."

I gulped. I had to meet the parents- not sure if I'm ready for that...

We all clambered into is four-by-four (it was technically his, although it was just the pack car really)- us including me, Aiden, Chase and Raffi.

When we finally arrived at Shakes, Chase was the first to clamber out of the car and run towards the building. "Milkshake!"

I rolled my eyes at his immaturity. "Boys."

Raffi nodded in agreement, with a giggle. "So easy to please."

"Hey!" Aiden whined, sticking out his bottom lip. Okay- too- much- adorableness.

"What?" Raffi smiled innocently, before speeding up a bit to catch up with Chase.

"So, tell me about your siblings." I said conversationally. I still feel it's a bit weird when we talk like this.

"Well, I'm the oldest, which is why I inherited the Alpha title from my parents." He began. "Then comes Emmett- he's a total goof and a bit of a dickwad really. Arabella comes next..." his voice hitched. "She's..." He looked away for a moment.

"Aiden?" I asked worriedly, Leona was stirring inside me. "What's wrong?"

He sighed, but didn't meet my eye. "She was always happy and kind to everyone..."

Was?

"She died a while ago- about three months ago..."

I sucked in a sharp breath of air. How could he go on? I don't know what I'd do if something happened to Chase or William. "I'm so sorry..." I mewed.

He clasped my hand and traced a thumb over my knuckle. "Just-" He looked at me with wet blue eyes. "Lois is shy when she wants to be, but also very cocky. She's the smartest." He moved on. I could tell he was choking back tears. I wanted to know more about his sister, but I felt if I asked he'd just break down.

I squeezed his hand once and smiled timidly, before letting go. He seemed put out that I didn't want to hold his hand, and so grabbed mine again, holding it tighter.

"Ow." I growled, I pulled away, but couldn't release his grip.

"Mine!" He snarled.

"Don't-" I growled "Snarl at me!" I wrenched away from his grip and hissed, "I belong to nobody!2

I strode away and into the shop, fuming lightly. Who does he think he is, stupid mutt-butt...

'But a hot mutt-butt' Leona chirped.