Chapter 13

3 months later

Jayce's POV

High school is a bitch. Of course everyone knows I'm pregnant. It's kind of hard to hide my belly especially since I'm having twins. Some of the teachers actually single me out because I'm pregnant. My English teacher hates me because she can't get pregnant but yet here I am carrying twins.

The principal, Kendra and I all sat down right before school started. Because I'm 18 the school's not a loud to say anything about Mark and I. I've already talked to a lawyer. The school agreed that they wouldn't say anything about us The principal also agreed to let me finish my 2nd semester online. I would only have three credits that need to be finished for 2nd semester and they're all with a teacher that I get along with.

Only a few people at school actually know about us. A couple teachers who know Mark outside of school from his custom cabinet business and are friends with him and of course Kendra. She tries to help me out with all the bullying that happens.

In October when my parents were supposed to come home in visit on their retreat, they didn't. Dad called and said mom and himself were flying to Africa for a year. Something about mom wanting to provide medical aid. I just told my dad to have fun. But he knew it bothered me. They wouldn't be home for the birth of my babies, or my graduation. It hurt too much that my mother hated me that much. That she still blamed me for Sophia's death. I was just a little girl at the time.

That was three weeks ago. Tomorrow Mark and I are going for a sonogram. I'm to the point where if the twins were to be born now they would survive with no problems but I wanted to make it to 40 weeks. I wanted to make sure that my babies were perfect.

I was finishing homework for Chemistry 101 when Mark sat on the couch.

'How's the homework going babe?' He asked. He put my feet in his lap and began to rub them.

'Okay. Mr. Bruhn is a total ass. He kicked me out the class today and sent to the office because they were playing with the burners today. He gave me a ton of book work. I get it as a pregnant person I can't be around some of the chemicals but really that experiment would have been perfectly fine for me to be there and then I wouldn't have a 5 chapters to read, take notes, and do questions for.'

'A month and a half and you'll be doing your homework online and we'll have two wonderful babies to take care of.' I moaned as he rubbed my heel.

'That feels so good.'

'Finish your homework woman.' I laughed.

My sonogram went really well the next morning. The babies looked really healthy. They were in the right positions too. I was too tired from the night before so Mark dropped me off at mom's while he went back to work. He had an order that he needed to get done.

I helped Mom start to make dinner for tonight. Everyone was coming over for dinner because we're not having Friday supper. This also gave Raina, Kendra and I time to plot which stores we needed to hit for the rest of the baby stuff I needed.

'Jayce dear why don't you go lay down. You seem awfully tired.'

'I am tired the twins are getting so big that they don't have enough room to move around and they're constantly kicking and turning.'

'Go lay down. I'll send Mark up to get you for dinner.'

'Okay.' I went upstairs and laid down in Mark's old room. I fell asleep pretty fast.

MARK'S POV

I hated dropping Jayce off at my parent's place but at least she's away from those bitchy people.