chapter 4

2 weeks later

The middle of June

I've been avoiding Mr. Fieldson. He had called the house and left notes on the door about us talking. He's made every attempt to talk to me. But I have been working non stop since the party. Keeping myself super busy to avoid spending any time alone in this house other than sleeping and the few basic functions. Plus I'm trying to get rid of this cold I think I have. Weird that I would get a cold this time of the year. It won't go away either. I keep getting sick every time I eat, I sleep all the time and the smell of some foods make me sick.

But Mark isn't the only person I have been avoiding, Eric has been following me around and trying to 'talk' to me. I have all I can do to avoid him at work and around the town. I know that Eric has been seen around town with some very bad people. They're drug dealers. Since Eric and I broke up he's turned into a monster. I don't want to deal with him anymore. So I have been just avoiding him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight is movie night at my house with Kendra and her date, and Lola and her date because for once I actually have a night off and I felt like spending it at home. Kendra and her new now boyfriend Andrew, who probably won't last long, were sitting on a chair, cuddled together. While Lola and her boyfriend Alex, who I know wouldn't last, were on the floor cuddling too. Or at least I hope all they're doing is cuddling. I had the couch. That had become my room for the past two weeks. I would come home and crash on the couch or the chair. I wouldn't even make it to my bedroom I'm so tired. I don't understand I've never been this tired in my life. I'm even taking afternoon naps now.

We had managed to make through Texas Chain Saw Massacre(the remake version) and were in the middle of "From Within" when the doorbell rang. Making Lola and Kendra scream causing me(who was half asleep) to fly up and hit my head on the over hanging lamp. I curse as I sit up and get off the couch. I get up and walked towards the door rubbing my head. It was one in the morning.

"Crap you guys should have been home hours ago. Your brother is going to kill me."

"It's okay. We'll take them home and explain we just lost track of time." Andrew said.

"Okay, I think the garage is still open. Have a good night you guys." I wave at them. Andrew and Alex lead the girls out of the house.

The door bell rings again. I walk towards the door. I prayed it wasn't Eric or Mark.

It's both of them. Oh my god. Not tonight. And why the hell at one in the morning. Eric looks drunk or high. His eyes are bloodshot and watery. Mark looks annoyed that Eric's here and that he has to deal with him as well.

"Good morning Jayce." Mark said. Eric gave him a dirty look. I smirked, Eric had always hated Mark. Because Mark has a policy that was to treat women, ladies and girls better than you would anything in your entire life. Eric never followed that policy which always resulted in him getting told at picnics and other events.

"What are you guys doing here? You almost gave Kendra and Lola heart attacks."

"We need to talk." They said in unison.

"Fine. Come in." I pointed towards that kitchen.

"Alright Eric what do you want?" I said pouring drinks for them. I have to be a nice hostess as my mother always says.

"You back." He said as he took his glass. He doesn't care that Mark is here and he's about to air out all the dirty little secrets that I've kept for him. He doesn't care at all about protecting me from a breaking heart from all the things that he's done or how he's fucked up our relationship. A relationship that I ended almost three months ago that at the time he didn't care because he got to be single again. Of course I can smell the whiskey now, and I know he's been smoking something.

"NO." I said handing Mark a glass, he nodded and said thank you.

"But Jaycie poo-"I cut him off. I hate all the little nicknames he'd thought were cute. Jaycie Pooh, sugar bear, and etc. they all sound like hooker names.

"No, I don't want to be with you ever again. You cheated on me when I said no. You threw me out of the car in the middle of nowhere and left me there in the rain. It rained all night and I was in shorts and a tank top. Did you care that a state patrol man found me walking the highway at 3 in the morning barefoot and soaked to the bone wet, or that I was in the hospital for a week because I was so sick from being in the rain. That I was alone. Not once did you visit. You didn't care that I could have died because of your actions. Because you were selfish and a bastard. That I had to hear from everyone else that night you left me there in the rain, the night I watched as your tail lights faded into the darkness and I had nothing, you went to Allison Becker's house and FUCKED the living shit out of her or that you fucked her the entire time I was in the hospital. The entire time that I was alone and needed someone to be there for me because my parents were gone again. And then you made me think it was all my fault. That I was the reason you cheated. But it's not my fault, it's your fault. You're a selfish bastard who doesn't understand that no means no. You only think about yourself and what's in it for you. You know I've kept the details of our break up a secret for your damn rep, but it's not a favor to you. I hate you Eric so much that you don't want to know what I want to kill you with or how. I hate you." I felt the tears flow down my cheeks. It still hurt to know that he could do that to me. That he could still take me down at the knees and make me suffer.

"Jay, I'm so sorry." He tried that one one to many times.

"No you're only sorry you got caught. And you're only here because you've been drinking all night and you're high on something. Which is disgusting. Now get out before I call the police. I think they'd be interested to know that their star quarterback is doing illegal drugs." I threatened.I turned my back to him.

"Jayce I know you wouldn'-"

"Eric, Jayce asked you to leave nicely. Now I would respect her wishes because I might not be so nice especially after what I just heard. Now get out or I'll throw you out. Your choice." Mark's threat were more dangerous being he's an ex-marine. I didn't think Eric would actually listen. But I heard Eric slam the door and I felt my heart pound harder. I felt strong arms wrap around me and carry me to the living room. I cried and cried into his chest. I felt numb. Whenever I saw Eric, I would get this feeling and start going into a spiraling depression.

When I finished crying, I looked up at Mark.

"Thank you." I sniffled.

"Are you going to be okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I think so. It's tough seeing him because he bring up this feeling of not being enough and not mattering enough."

"Jayce he's a jackass, who's high and drunk. You're lucky he walked out the way he did. I would hate to think about what would have happened if I wasn't here or if you had to call the police. But we have to talk about well you know."

"Oh." I sat up and looked at the floor. "Okay. Let's talk."

"Okay. What happened that night..." he pause for a moment. "It well.."

"I know it shouldn't have happened because you're older and I'm only 18. I get it. I really do and nobody's going to now." I get up and paced around the room.

"That's not why I'm here. Jayce sure you're only 18 but you're an adult. It doesn't matter what the hell anybody says because you made that decision. I'm here because I wanted to make sure you're okay. You just picked up and left the next morning." He said.

"I'm fine. I've been working a lot and I've got the flu bug that I can't shake." I tell him from across the room. He gives me a weird look. There's silence for about a minute.

"Jayce could you be pregnant? I mean are you on any kind of birth control because we never used a condom?" He blurted out. I stopped dead in my tracks. I turned and stared at him. Could it be possible?

I started to think. I was two weeks later. I was puking my guts out and I had all the symptoms. No protection, I'm not on birth control, he didn't wear a condoms.

"No I'm not a birth control. I didn't have a need for it. I wasn't sexually active before us. In fact you were my first. Oh god." I said. Everything started to get blurring. My vision starts to get fuzzy black. I lean against the wall as everything gets weak and then everything goes black.