Chapter 5

I woke up in my bedroom. I couldn't remember getting into bed. Especially since I had been sleeping on the couch and last night was movie night with the girls. I felt stiff everywhere and my head hurt a lot.

"Thank god you're awake." I heard a dreamy male voice say from in the darkness.

"How did I-" I started to say and then it all came back to me. I was possibly pregnant. Why? Because I had to get drunk and fucked my neighbor.

"Jayce are you okay?"

"You keep asking me that you know? I think I'm okay. I'm possibly pregnant."

"Well actually we don't know that." I got up and walked into my parents's room and grabbed a pregnancy test. My parents always keep them around. Apparently my mother was just waiting for me to screw up her perfect little world. She thinks I'm always going to screw everything up. I've lived my life trying to please my mother. She thinks I need to be absolutely perfect in order for her to have the perfect family. If she finds out that I'm pregnant or possibly could be that would tilt her world. Everything would be ruined. All of mom's friends would think horrible thoughts about my family. Not that they don't judge us already.

"I'll be out in 3 minutes." I yelled.

3 MINUTES LATER or what felt like forever. More like a living hell. I paced back and forth in the small bathroom. Why did I do this? I never should have gone to the party. Damn them. Why did they have to drag me to that damn party? Why did Eric have to be such a dick head? Finally the timer went off. I looked at it.

I walked out into the living room with the test in my hand and throw it away.

"Two pink lines. I'm pregnant." I said sitting on the opposite side of the couch. He grabs my feet and starts to rub them. It felt so amazing. I had been so tired lately and I'm always on my feet at the bookstore. I guess this explains why. I started to the relax on the couch.

"What are we going to do?" I mumbled as sleep over took me.

When I woke up I was in my bed again. Mark must have carried me into my room. I looked at my window. The sun was shining and birds were chirping. My stomach flipped and twisted. I got up and rushed to the bathroom.

I was leaning over the toilet when I heard the door open. Somebody was standing behind me, it was holding my hair back. I hated being sick in front of other people. Generally I don't get sick. I'm not a germ freak, it just seems to skip over me, like I'm the odd child. My parents were always happy that they had a happy health child. Arg...child. That's the reason I'm kneeling over the toilet puking my guts out. I am pregnant. When it was finally over I just sat there. Unsure of where or what I should do? I'm too weak right now to try and get up. If I did try, I'd probably take a nose dive face first on the floor. I didn't even hear the water turn on. But I did feel the cold washcloth touch my face.

Mark was kneeling in front of me with it. He was in his boxers and his hair was a mess. I smiled. He had stayed the night. He stood up and offered me a hand. I took it and brushes my mouth out while either leaning against him or the counter.

"Good morning." He whispered into my ear. It sent shivers down my back.

"I don't know how good of a morning it really is. But yes good morning." We exited to the bathroom and went to my room.

"How are you feeling?" He asked sitting at my desk.

"Like I was in hell." I answered as I dug through my dresser looking for clothes to wear.

"We need to talk about what you want to do about this baby?" He sounded miserable."We could keep it or give it up or you could get an ab- a" He couldn't say it. He tried to but he couldn't say that word.

"I'm not killing my baby if that what you want to know. I kinda wanna keep her." I answered him. I walked over and look at him. A look of pure joy on his face.

"Kinda and her?" He questioned. I smiled.

"I didn't know if you wanted to keep her and I wasn't going to pressure you into anything. And yes her. I have a feeling it's going to be a little girl. What kind of boy makes this must fuss before he's even born." I said hands on my hips.

"Why wouldn't I want my baby, our baby?" He said as I glared at him. Oh great here starts the mood swings. "It's my child too Jayce. I want to be around when it starts to walk or smile. I want to teach it to climb a tree and swim in the lake. I want to teach him to ride a bike and be respectful of women and his mama. I want to protect her from any idiot that I don't think is right for her and teach to ride a horse or drive a car. I want to be there, no I'm going to there." He said confidently. I shook my head, trying not to laugh and cry at the same time. "Jayce. What's wrong?" He asked standing and pulling me into his arms.

"Nobody ever cares and it's just that Eric used to push me around all the time and my parents are always gone. They are never home more than a week at best. In the last 3 years I have spent Christmas, Halloween, New Year's day, my birthday, Easter, and the 4th of July by myself. I have always been alone." I said and he held me tighter.

"You're not alone anymore. Why didn't come over to my place ever? You knew you were always welcomed. You still are in fact." He said.

"They were holidays, I usually volunteered to work holidays." I stepped away and look at the clock. It was 9:30 in the morning. "Crap. I have to work today." I dreaded going to work today not because I hate work but because Millie would be there and there would be some rumor about Eric and I floating around and she would try and pin it to me.

"I'll take you to work then we can go back to my place and eat something and talk about us, the baby and our families."

"Oh, okay." I said pulling on my shirt and jeans. He walks out and I finish getting ready. I walk out to the kitchen and call out for Max and Mizzie. Mark comes into the kitchen.

"Did you just say Max and Mizzie? I thought you were the only person here?" He said sitting on a stool by the counter.

"I'm." And in trotted my maxie and mizzie.I smiled as he looked at my puppies.

"These are who you were yelling for?" He questioned.

"Yep. My parents brought them for me about 2 months ago. My dad said I needed company for the summer. They are my other babies." I said kneeling down and scooping up Mizzie into my arms. While Max growled at Mark.

"I don't think he like me much." He said trying to pick Max but Max ran behind me. I laughed.

"I bet Mizzie will like you. She likes everyone except Eric. She bites him." I handed her off to Mark and went to fill their bowls with food. Max came behind me, probably to make sure nothing happened to me. Funny how such a small dog thought he could protect me. Mark set Mizzie on the floor and walked with me. We ate and after I finish I took our plates into the kitchen. Max was laying on the stairs and Mizzie was chasing one of her toys around.

"They're cute but they're not like a baby." Mark said from behind me. He was leaning against the doorway.

"I know they're not. I guess we'll just have to learn that stuff." I smiled.

"Come on. I'll take you to work. I have to stop and do something in town anyways." He said.