Chapter 11

Jayce's POV

I opened my eyes and saw Mark. Tears started to form in my eyes.

"Hi baby." He said in a hushed tone. "I'm right here, okay he can't hurt you. I'm right here." He craddled me against his body rocking back and forth. I pull myself so that I can wrap my arms around his neck and bury my face in his shoulder.

"He threatened to kill them." I horsely whispered to him. He just held me tighter. I looked over his shoulder and saw Terence doing the same thing with Raina.

"Lets get you out of here." He lefted me into his arms and carried me down the steps. Jason and Kacey were dealing with the cops, while Justin and Charlie were helping Kendra out.

"Dad, she's coming back with us. Someone has to drive her mustang back and my truck." Mark told his father. His father only nodded like he had it all taken care of. Mark helped into the backseat and Terence did the same with Raina and Kendra. They shut us into the back.

"Jayce are you okay?" Kendra asked.

"Yeah I'm fine I think. My shoulders are just a little sore. Kendra?"

"Yeah?" She anwsered back.

"Don't ever tell me anything is wrong with my parents house again. Okay?" I said. They both nodded.

Mark and Terence climbed into the front of the truck after dealing with the police and started to drive away.

"Kendra, my father is driving your mustang back to his place and Justin has our truck Jayce. And next time we're going with." We all nodded. We had no objection to that.

"How did you know?" Raina said as terence looked back at her.

"TJ wouldn't go down for his nap. Just like your car accident. And Jayce hadn't called to complain about shopping so we knew something was wrong. You guys are always calling to complain about shopping or check up on us. When neither of those happened, we knew something was wrong. Duncan should be there when we get home." Terence anwsered.

"Who's Duncan?" Kendra and I asked.

"Terence's cute brother." Raina said. Terence throw her a look.

"Not as hot as you baby but he's not bad looking though." Raina said.

"Is he single?" Kendra asked.

"Yes, he's single and is in the Navy." Terence smirked.

"Oh hot damn, single and a uniform. My luck is already changing."

We all laughed at Kendra. Maybe this Duncan character was just the person she needed in her life. Mark didn't say anything the entire way home and I knew something was up.

We got to his parents' place and everyone was flooded with hugs and kisses. Kendra was pretty much part of the family now. She met Duncan and there were definately sparks a flying. But Mark was still pretty much the silent smold type. I went to help mom with supper, must of us were starving including me and the twins.

"He hasn't talked to me since we left the house. It's like he wants too but not infront of people." I said to her.

"Don't worry baby. He just needs to take time and understand. He and Terence would die if anything happened to you, raina, the twins, or TJ. They love you both." I could understand that he needed time but he was killing me.

Soon it was time to go and the ride home was the same. He wouldn't even look at me. When we got home, I started for the house. I was in pain physiclly and emotionally I was dying. I don't get how he could just push me away. Like I meant nothing.

I sat on the couch as he walked in.

"Mark what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Something is wrong, you haven't talked to me since we left my parent's house. Did I do something?"

"Jayce you didn't do anything. And thats the point, he could have killed you or the twins."

"But he didn't, we're still alive."

"You didn't fight him. He threatened you and you didn't fight him. you didn't stand up for yourself."

"I didn't fight because he did threaten me and I was trying to protect my babies. I was scared, I didn't know if Raina or Kendra were hurt. I didn't know if I would have seen you again. I didn't know what he was planning so don't blame me for trying to do what was best for me and our babies." Tears were pouring down my face. I got up and went to the bedroom. I could hear the front door slam shut. I can't believe he's blaming me. I don't think I want to see him until we've both calmed down some. I pack some clothes into my bag and grab my keys and pruse. I stop in the foyer. Should I leave a note telling him where I am going? No because then he'll just come over and make things worse than they are right now. I stare down at the ring on my left finger. It feels like a heavy weight there now but if I take it off, my whole body feels like it's shutting down. I glance at it one more time and decided to keep it on. I step on the porch. I know he's out in the barn. I don't bother going out there to talk to him because at this point it will just turn into a shouting match. I slide my bag into the back seat and climb into my car. I turn the keys and drive away.

Mark's POV

I can't believe I yelled at her. I mean we actually fought and I walked out on her. On our babies. I just couldn't hold it in anymore. I needed to blow off some steam. I know it's not her fault. She's not the one I should be blaming. I walk around the barn for a little bit, taking care of the horses and cleaning up a little bit. Once I know I'm calmed down I walk back towards the house.

I walk into the house, Mizzie and Max were rolling around in the living room, Jayce should have been there but she wasn't. Her sweater is hanging off the back of the couch.

"Jayce, honey I'm sorry. I screwed up and shouldn't have yelled baby." I say as I walk into our room. The closet is open and her clothes are everywhere. I noticed her keys are gone and so is her purse. I glance out the bedroom window and see her car is gone.

Everything starts to crumble around me. This undescribable feeling over takes me. I can't believe this. I did this. Because I was so stupid and opened my mouth when I shouldn't have. She probably needed me tonight and I was a completely jackass. I remember the tears falling from her eyes. She looked so hurt by everything that came out of my mouth. She's gone.

I search the house for a note. I pray she left me a note telling me where she's going. But there's nothing. Maybe she just needs to drive around for a little bit to cool off and she'll come right back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Hey guys, so I have a cold. I thought that if I had this much extra time that I start redoing some of my books. Also I will soon be publishing on Widbook. Check it out. Remember to comment and Vote please! Thank you!!!!! <3 XOXO Brandy