He gave me a sheepish smile. 'I was out shopping with Riannon.'

Wait. What? Why do I feel relieved knowing that he was with her and strangely, still wanted to strangle him?

Jackson! He's your brother! How could you be jealous and you're the one who walked away from her.

'Oh.' That was all I managed to say to keep myself from saying something I'd regret.

'Oh? That's all you have to say bro? You're so easy to read!' He jumped onto my bed and flicked his finger on my forehead then laid down on the mattress,with a happy grin on his face. 'Anyways, I had such a great evening!' He said enthusiastically. 'We got a few presents for my parents' anniversary. And after that, we went bowling you know! can you believe it? She's never played bowling before?! And she actually won against me when we had a food eating competition! Like, whaaaaaaat??! Her stomach is surely a black hole..!' He smacked his own forehead in disbelief at the thought of someone else beating him at his game.

He went on and on about their activities and all the while, I felt something else simmering in the pit of my stomach and a part of me wanted to lash out at him as he ranted endlessly!

'Why didn't you call me instead?!' I asked him, my voice coming out a little bit too harsh. 

I shouldn't be possessive of her like this.

'Because you were too caught up in your own stuff and I didn't wanna bother you. Besides, I asked her if you could tag along but she said you were acting a bit weird so she would feel awkward,' He shrugs.

Upon hearing that,I felt a bit guilty for acting the way I did when she didn't even do anything wrong.

'So anyways, what's up between you two?'

'Nothing.' I replied, a little too quickly.

'You know I know you better than anyone and I know that something is bothering you. You can tell me.'

'I know. But there's really nothing wrong. I'm just ..I don't know.. Confused .. I guess.'

'She's a really great person, if you haven't realised it till now.'

'I..I guess.. I don't know.' I stuttered.

He turned to lay on his back and stretched his long limbs. 'Well. I guess I better get going. I'm really exhausted.'

'Yeah sure. We have a lot to do tomorrow.' He agreed as he got up from the bed, gathering his bags.

'And Jackson? Keep this in mind before you do something you'll regret..

She's not Jiyeon.'

He looked me straight in the eyes when he said that and closed the door behind him,leaving me alone with a lot to think about and I felt even more lost than ever. I was going over a lot of things in my head but everything seemed so muddled. I knew what I felt this time was way more different. But how could I possibly tell that this won't go down the same way.. I don't know.. I just don't know..

I felt asleep with all those thoughts running in my head and Yugyeom's words kept replaying even in my dreams over and over again. I saw an image of the woman I despised so much in my dream, the same mocking smile on her face as she hovered over me. I wanted to run away, but I couldn't move. Suddenly her form started fading and a new image materialised in her place..a familiar one, Riannon. She looked so beautiful..simple but still so beautiful..I wanted to reach out to her,my arms stretching out to touch her. The moment my fingers were about to brush her face, I woke up startled.