❝ Dark Side ❞

Start from the beginning

"Thanks, Y/N. I wouldn't know what to do if you didn't come."

"Anything for a friend, Arch." Suddenly, the door was pushed open, revealing Betty, Veronica, and Jughead. Veronica quickly went to hug Archie as she starts to comfort her with reassuring words, Betty went to Kevin to ask a few questions as Jughead went to me.

"Hey, are you okay?" Asked Jughead.

"I am. Are you?"

"F'course. Is Fred--

"He is going to be fine, okay?" I cut off, getting a little annoyed with their questions about Fred. It made me jump through flashbacks from Mom's death which is just like this.

"Whoa, I'm just asking, Y/N." I feel him touch my elbows as I swamped out.

"How's South Side High?"

"I-its good. I'm good with it."

"With being one of the serpents?" My voice rises a bit, starting to boil up.

"What are you talking about? Come on Y/N, we're not getting into this, not now." Jughead whispered.

Ever since he left, we lost contact. Our friends may not be too glad of his own decisions, well I'm not either. The first time we visited him, was also the time when Cheryl went to Sweetwater river. It was all heartbreaking and the thought of him being a serpent made me teared up more.

"Guys, thank you for coming. Archie, be safe." I said, grabbing my satchel.

"But Y/N, we just got here," Veronica asked.

"Is everything okay?" Betty added.

I look up to Jughead with furrowed brows and replied,

"Yeah, I just need to help the police department. My Dad probably needs me, too."

"I thought your Dad--" Kevin went to speak up.

"I said he needs me," I stated.

"Right. Sure he does."

"I'll see you all tomorrow." And with that, I stepped out of Archie's house.

"Y/N, wait." I hear Jughead yell from behind, realizing that I didn't bring my car with me. I cursed under my breath, deciding that I'll walk and get a cab or a bus instead.

"Y/N, can you please stop and talk to me?"

"What do you want, Jughead?"

"Why are you acting like this? I thought we're good about this. The serpents and my Dad." His voice weakens at his last words as he still continued walking aside of me.

"I know, we've approved about that. It's just, I don't know anymore..." Feeling tears filling my eyes, I finally let the warm liquids out and let my weak self sob.

"Hey, hey, it's alright. Tell me what's wrong." Jughead assured, embracing me.

"I'm sorry, Jug. I have to go." I mumble.

"Not until you tell me what's wrong." He insisted, tightening his grip on me.

"Could you at least do me a favor?"

"Of course, anything."

"Enjoy your new start and give me some space, okay?" As much as it hurts for me to say it, I eventually did. And I can feel the knives being stapped inside my heart.

"Don't do this, Y/N. I can't." He shakes his head and held me tighter.

"I can't, too but this town is tearing people apart and I have my own problems to fix," I said, lifting my hands to cup his cheeks.