Kayano's dream

A few days after the fight with Taygan, Kayano had a strange dream.  She was walking through a field of sky-blue forget-me-nots, on a day with hardly any clouds in the sky.  There was a yellowish hue to the scene, and there seemed to be golden orbs of light floating in the air.  She didn't know where she was, or how she got there, but she something inside her told her to keep walking, so she did.  She walked for a while, never stopping, never getting tired, until she saw...  Someone.  She ran towards them, confused, and the figure smiled.  She walked away.  Kayano ran toward them, progressively speeding up. "Wait!"  She continued walking.  Kayano tried something.  She didn't know why.  Something inside her just told her it was right.  

"Nami Shiota!"

The figure turned.  She was crying.  "I'm so sorry!  I messed up...  Mother, help me!!"  Kayano walked up to her, and sat beside her.  "Shh... Whatever happened, we can fix it."  Nami wiped the tears from her face, and tried to stop sobbing.  Kayano wiped the child's eyes with her sleeve.  "Th-thank you, but it's impossible.  I can't ask anything of you.  I don't deserve to.  I should be dead, but I- I can't die!  I'm stuck.  I-" The girl was shouting now, her eyes filled with tears, "I JUST WANT TO SEE YOU AND FATHER AGAIN!!!  And- and I...  I want to see Kumori again!"  Kayano felt empathy with the girl, she had only wanted to see her sister, Aguri, for most of her life.  She felt her own eyes fill with tears, as she said: "Nami... I'm here, don't worry."  She was calmer now, but Kayano could see the wild desperation in her eyes.  "And- is father okay?"  Kayano felt like she knew what Nami was talking about, and could respond naturally, as if she was just getting the information as she was responding, but this, she knew immediately, and responded with absolute certainty: "Nagisa?  He's absolutely fine, don't worry."  Nami smiled, and...  Was she fading?  "Wait!" Kayano shouted, "I can't wake up yet!  I want to stay with you!"  "Mother," Nami smiled, "You'll see me again soon, don't worry...  Just don't forget me..."

Kayano woke up, tears streaming down her face.  "I won't..." She whispered, "I don't think I ever will..."

Her voice was lost in the cold abyss of night.