Part 3

"Fuck, fuckity, fuck fuck"

"Your very sweary today" bree said as she watched me run frantically through the house leaving a path of destruction in my wake. Clothes and shoes littered the floor making bree sigh inwardly.

"I'm gonna be late for work and I can't find my ID cards, fuck" i was was rummaging through my bag and throwing the contents on the floor. I looked everywhere but it was no where to be seen. It was the last thing I needed on my first day.

Bree grabbed a blue chain that held the work pass from the kitchen side and swung it around her finger, she cleared her throat loudly.

My eyes widened as i saw my dear  friend had found the lost card, "your a life save b, are we celebrating my first day tonight"

Bree narrowed her eyes momentarily then laughed "too right we are, are we going to the club, I want to get mortal"

"What the hells mortal like"

"It's English for drunk" bree explained

"No it's not. The English word for drunk is drunk"

"I heard it on a reality show set in England " bree explained with a shrug.

"Must be slang" i replied . I was pretty sure my friend had just made up the word.

"I've got to go , bagel me" i called, bree popped a cream cheese covered bagel in between my teeth. That woman knows how to look after me.

I mumbled a thank you and headed out of the door. I took the elevator to the ground floor and walked to my car. i dropped my bag and phone on the passenger seat and started the ignition . The bagel had been eaten by the time i was at the end of the road.

The drive to the office was not a long one, most of the journey had been spent trying to find a car space. Luckily my Audi was small so i had been able to squeeze in a little space close to the entrance.

The entrance of grove ltd was immaculately white and modern especially for a brownstone building. The floor was the finest marble, there were plum sofas in the left corner and a large glass desk in the middle of the room with a row of elevators behind. The room screamed wealth and quality, it was one of the better advertising companies in the city. Some of the most famous of the companies advertisements hung on the white walls.

Heels clicked on the floor loudly as i made my way to the elevator, i studied my reflection in the mirror. Mostly i was happy with what I saw , my generous chest was hidden under a structured grey dress. My outfit had been finished off with black stilettos and a black Prada bag. When i looked at my fellow colleagues i was happy to see  I was dressed appropriately. When i finally stepped on to the floor where i would be working i found that i was the only employee there apart from the receptionist.

The woman behind the reception desk had shocking white hair and even bolder red lipstick. The woman smiled at me and walked my way. I instantly liked her, she appeared eccentric and friendly. I liked women who had character and weren't afraid to be themselves.

"Hi I'm Christine, you must be mr Benjamin's new secretary. Taylor isn't it" age asked putting out her perfectly manicured hand out to me.

We shook hands before i replied, "morning it's nice to meet you"

"Let me show you to your desk, your desk is just next to the bosses at the end of the room" Christine said as she gestured for Me to follow her.

The floor was large and open plan, the walls were completely littered with old ad campaigns. There were little cubicles scattered around the room all with the latest pcs. There were 3 closed rooms there was a printing room, a large meeting space that held a large table and the bosses office.

"Thanks Christine"

Christine gave me a genuine smile "your welcome dearie, you will like working here. It's a great company"

"This is my first job after college so I'm a little nervous" I admitted.

"My Benjamin's a great guy to work for, he's just come back from vacation so he should be in a good mood" Christine assured me before she went back to her desk.

My desk was white and simple, i looked at it and wondered whether i would be able to make it more attractive.

I sat in the comfy teal chair and took out my laptop and placed it on the desk. Within twenty minutes the space was transformed, there were a few photo frames and a potted plant. I was grateful that I had grabbed the few homey touches on my way to work. It looked less boring and sterile now which worked for me.

"Hi are you settling in ok"  a voice said making me look up from my laptop. I saw a dark haired man standing at the edge of my new desk, he was smiling brightly at me.

"Yes very well so far, I'm Taylor" i said rising from my chair, my eyes raked over the handsome man. He was tall and slim, he was easy on the eyes.

"I'm Richie, I'm head of the department. I sit over there, I thought that maybe you would want to come with us all for lunch, we go to the deli across the road" Richie said as he perched on the end of the desk.

I hadn't expected to meet someone friendly so fast, I was happy that I wouldn't be eating alone.
"Yeah that sounds great, I didn't know where was good to eat."

"We usually go out to eat at 12, there's usually a big group of us. Just watch out for jack" he was laughing but i had a feeling that he wasn't joking.

I was intrigued who jack was and why Richie felt i needed to be careful. "Who's jack"

Richie raised his eyebrows and laughed "he's a bit of a ladies man, he will try it on. He thinks himself as Romeo, he's the buff guy who's staring at you"

I looked across the office and saw the man i guessed was jack. He was tall with muscles that almost popped the buttons on his shirt, it was clear that he had no trouble in the woman department. He was handsome and had a figure professional athletes would envy. But under no circumstances would I be having any inter office relationships. I had thought Richie was exaggerating but the man was staring at me, he looked at me like I was a piece of meat. I was the meat and he was starving.

"Does he not know what happens to Romeo at the end of the play " i  joked.

"He's not the reading type unless you count playboy as literature" Richie joked.

Richie arranged to meet me at the elevator at lunch before leaving to do his work. I took a liking to him just as quickly as I had to Christine, I knew I was going to be happy here.

I was happy that at least i knew 3 people on the floor, well i knew 2 really.

The office was starting to fill up, the employees set about their daylily tasks noisily. I was just setting up my work email when i heard the sound of heavy footsteps approaching. I had a feeling my boss was approaching, the nerves kicked in again. I had been interviews by HR so I had yet to meet my boss. I hoped he wouldn't be as scary as I was we making him in my mind.

I looked up and saw a familiar face, i smiled awkwardly. The calm confidence i had been experiencing all morning had faded away just looking at the man who was staring down at me.He was wearing a navy blue suit with a crisp shirt and a red tie.

"Hi Taylor, long time no see. Would you like to come in my office" mr Benjamin sad as he picked his post up from the edge of my desk. I couldn't believe who was stood in front of me. How could I not have known he was my boss, I felt like an idiot. So much for a professional relationship , that was out of the window now I know how well I know my boss.