chapter thirty nine

I woke up feeling warmer than usual, and I stirred and turned in my bed until realising the cause. I smiled when I saw Grayson, his arms wrapped around my waist as if he were afraid to let go. Being the annoying girlfriend I am, I squished his cheeks in order to wake him up.
" wake up " I chuckled, as I took a photo of Grayson's adorable and sleepy face for snapchat.
He rolled over, grabbing my arm and pulling me with him so that I was cuddling into his chest.
" we have to get up, I think everyone else is up, Gray " I chuckled, slapping his face lightly to make him open his eyes.
He removed my hand, now holding it instead.
" come on! " I yelled, trying my hardest to push him out of the bed.
I used my foot instead, pushing at his bare back to make him fall out, until it backfired. I clearly tried to hard, since I went falling backwards off of the mattress and onto the hard wooden floor.
" karma " Grayson laughed, now lifting his head up so he could watch me fail.
I rolled my eyes playfully, standing up and pulling the blankets off of his body. Grayson shivered at the cold feeling, before jumping up and grabbing a hoodie and some joggers.
" I spent so long trying to get you up... when I could've just done that " I sighed, as Grayson chuckled from beside me.

I jumped onto the sofa, clearly scaring Blake and Hunter.
" what was that for? " Hunter laughed, now moving along to make room for me on the couch.
I shrugged, squeezing in beside them while patting my lap for Grayson to sit on. Grayson shook his head, laughing loudly at my invitation to sit on my knee.
" you'd be crushed " Ethan smirked, before continuing to watch whatever was on the TV at that time.
I turned my head to look towards the window, but that wasn't what caught my attention. It was Blake and Hunter. They were just happily chatting, and it made me happy that two of my closest friends were getting along great. If it were a high school scene there would usually be the odd drama in the friendship group, but I'm glad that isn't happening with us. I smiled to myself, watching them talk and show each other funny photos on their phones. I was immediately snapped out of my daydream when I saw Hunter showing Blake a funny screenshot of when we'd been facetiming, and he definitely got it at the right moment. I'd probably just woken up, since my hair was covering one side of my face... and the other half just looked horrendous, as well as my mouth hung open at what I was staring at. Blake erupted in a fit of laughter, as I lunged for the phone, desperate to delete it and never see it again.
" send me that!! " Blake roared with laughter, holding onto his stomach while taking deep breathes.
I eventually gave up, I'll let him have it. As long as he doesn't post it everywhere, then it's fine I guess ;)
" should we go out for breakfast? " I asked everyone, who seemed quite thrilled with the idea.
" yes!! " Brandon cheered.
" I hop? " Loren suggested, and my eyes lit up at the thought.
I nodded my head, as everyone ran upstairs to get ready. I threw on one of Grayson's hoodie's, since he always lets me borrow them when I can't be bothered to search through my endless items of clothing. In fact, he lets me borrow them whenever...
Once everyone had gotten changed we left the house, taking a nice walk to I-hop. It was quite a sunny day, which meant that it was the perfect weather for a morning walk. We might even head out after this... I'm not sure where too, but we all decided that we should go somewhere after food.

" I-hop really fucks me up " Ethan groaned in amazement, while eating another mouthful of his pancake.
Pancakes two days in a row for me and Blake now, but who cares?
" When we get back we should film a video, with all of us " Brandon shrugged, and I smiled widely at the idea.
" yes! What about the who knows me better tag? I'd like to see who actually pays attention to what I have to say " I laughed, as Hunter  nodded.
" sounds good " Ethan agreed, while continuing to obsess over his food.

We finished our meal, heading straight to the beach for a bit of fun. We'd been there for around twenty minutes when it started to get even hotter, so we headed back to mine for our swimsuits and beach bags. I live pretty close to the beach, so it didn't take long at all.

As soon as we arrived back at the beach we laid out our towels, connecting my phone to the Bluetooth speaker and playing some music too. We started to dance wildly on the sand, enjoying the weather and making the most of it. As soon as I got too hot, I slipped off my shorts and tank top, now left in my bikini.
I grabbed Grayson's hand, pulling him towards the water with me. I could hear him laughing at my sudden burst of energy, but I was excited!
As soon as we reached the water I stepped in, instantly jumping back because of how cold it was. I let out a squeal as I did so, making Grayson erupt in a fit of laughter while swinging me over his shoulder in one swift motion.
" Gray, don't! " I yelled, being cut off by splashing into the cold water.
As soon as I surfaced I took a deep breathe, wiping my eyes while moving my hair from my face. I sent Grayson a quick glare, pulling him towards me and splashing him with the water.
Soon enough, Ethan, Loren and Brandon had joined us, and I looked over towards where we'd set everything up to find Blake and Hunter.
They were just chatting, laughing at what they'd both said. They're like bestfriends already... I knew they'd get along great.
" I'll race you " Ethan smirked, wiggling his brows.
" game on " I chuckled, before swimming towards Grayson with Ethan following shortly behind.
I was just about to win before someone grabbed my ankle, making me jolt back slightly in the water. I turned around and met eyes with Loren and Brandon, who started laughing at me hysterically.

This is their first day here, but I know that it'll just get better and better...

******

@graysondolan: perfection at its finestTagged: @adylinross3,610,482 likes and 34,910 comments

Tagged: @adylinross
3,610,482 likes and 34,910 comments

( load all 34,910 comments )

@adylinsbaby: I can't😭😭 The Gradylin feels

@graybae: you guys are too cute, announce it already!!

@dolangoals: OMG😍

@adylinross: ❤️

@gradylin4life: OMG QUIT THE TEASING AND MAKE IT OFFICIAL

@brandonrowland: the sunset is perfect, yeah🤔

@rowlandarmy: pahaha Brandon 😂

@wyddolan: UGH GRADYLIN😍

@adylinsblakey: 😍😭😍

( end of comments )

********

A/N- updating a lot today hopefully x