chapter twenty five

It was now the end of the day, and playlist was absolutely amazing. I couldn't have wished for a better day, meeting all of my viewers was the best feeling.

My friends and I were all sat in Zach's hotel room, chatting and getting to know one another properly. By that I mean in person, since we've only spoke over a screen. We were with Loren, Blake, Ethan, Grayson and Zach obviously. Everyone was getting along great, which I was happy about.
I was knocked out of my trance when someone's hand rested on my lower back, and I felt myself tense up at the feeling. As soon as I realised it was Grayson I loosened up, instantly feeling safe somehow. I turned around, looking into his eyes which were already looking through mine. He smiled, nodding his head in the direction of the door. I'm guessing he wanted me to follow him, as he stood up and walked out of the hotel room.
" guys, we'll be back " I said, and they all nodded in unison.

I probably wouldn't be back, though.

As soon as I got outside I closed the door behind me, turning back to look at Grayson with wide eyes. I was confused, I had no clue where he wanted to go or what he wanted to do. Again I was cut off by his hands on my waist, and eyes never leaving mine.
" lets getaway " He almost whispered, his face so close to mine that I was holding my breath.
I didn't reply, instead he got even closer and ran his free hand through my soft hair.
" Lin, lets go... just me and you " He smirked, and I nodded eagerly.
He took my hand, guiding me down the hotel hall and down to the lobby. As soon as we got outside he took me to what I'm guessing was his car, since he probably drove here.
He got in, and I did the same. His car was nothing like I expected, it was really clean and smelt amazing, like popcorn.
" where are we going, Bailey? " I asked, and he chuckled lightly.
" one of my favourite places " He said, and I smiled as he started the car and began to drive.

The whole car ride was silent, but not an awkward silence. It was just us enjoying each other's company, listening to the gravel beneath the car wheels. I smiled as we pulled up at the top of a hill, getting out of the car and walking even further up. It was really dark, but I'm guessing this place would have a really great view. Once we reached the top he took my hand again, pulling me closer as I looked up.

The view in front of me was so beautiful, the lights shining from building to building, as well as the street and car lights. It was like something in a picture... something so effortless but captivating.
" I brought you here for a reason, Lin " Grayson began, sitting down on the very small amount of grass.
I copied him, sitting down beside him as he carried on speaking.
" me and Ethan go here all the time, since our dad used to take us whenever we visited California " He said, his eyes completely fixed on the view in front of him, I don't blame him though.
" does your dad still come? " I asked him, and he fell silent.
He didn't look at me, he kept his eyes on the shining lights and took a deep breath.
" he died a few weeks ago from cancer " He let out, and I felt my breath hitch.

( A/N- I know Sean is actually diagnosed with cancer, and in now way am I trying to offend anyone due to him dying in the book... it's just to add to the story. I wish him all the best💗 )

I didn't know what to say, instead I felt tears brimming in my eyes. Why? Because he had to go through that, and so do so many people. It's devastating.
" I'm so sorry Gray, I didn't mean too " I began, turning around to face him.
He did the same, his eyes meeting mine for the first time during this conversation. They never left my gaze though.
" It's okay, it really is " He said.
I felt guilty and horrible, I shouldn't have even asked. He was silent again, and before I could speak, he did.
" I brought you here because it's very special to me.... as are you " He whispered, and I smiled lightly at his words.
" Lin, I don't think you understand how much you really mean to me " He said, and I furrowed my brows.
" ever since I saw your video I haven't gotten you out of my head, and I know for a fact that I don't just like you " He spoke, and I was left speechless.
" I love you, so much that it fucking hurts, Lin. It's too soon to say that though, isn't it? We've only known each other for a couple of months, and we just met properly yesterday! But I know I do, Lin... and- " He blabbered, obviously extremely nervous.
I didn't even know I did it, but I cut him off by smashing my lips against his. He was shocked at first, but he kissed back eventually. It was so passionate and meaningful, and I couldn't have wished for it to be any other way. I had this feeling when I kissed him, one that I can't describe in any way, other than pure love. I knew he felt the same way, as I pulled away his lips were slightly parted, and he looked rather surprised.
" I love you too " I muttered, knowing that I was speaking the complete truth, even though it was at a very early stage.
He smiled, pulling towards him and kissing me one last time, the same feeling rushing back. I could get used to this.
" will you be my girlfriend, Lin? " Grayson asked.
I nodded, nuzzling my face into his neck, the smile never leaving my face. I didn't know what to think, this was all so amazing and I just couldn't believe it...

" crazy to think that this all started over a game of kiss marry kill, huh? "