chapter twelve

" what were you thinking?!? " Blake sighed, as he dabbed a wet cloth on my bloody lip.
I shrugged, holding the ice pack against my head. I hit it when I fell down, and it hurts quite bad... nothing serious though.
" she deserved it, Blake. She can't talk about me like that! " I yelled, and he nodded.
" I know... " he began, shaking his head and continuing to clean me up.
I was hoping my mom and sister wouldn't arrive home while I was like this, but she walked into the house with Clara by her side. As soon as she made her way into the kitchen she stopped, she hasn't seen me like this since all of the abuse, or the several fights I had with people at school. I wasn't the one to start them though, usually people asking for trouble.
" what's happened?!? Are you okay?!? " My mom yelled, dropping her shopping bag and rushing over.
I could see the worry in her eyes, and it hurt to know that she was scared.
" Brooke, we got in a fight but I'm fine " I sighed, looking down at the ground.
" you need to stay away from her " My mom explained, and I threw my arms up in the air angrily.
" I've tried so hard too, mom!! And you know that! " I groaned, and she went silent.
" it's like wherever I go she's there to commentate " I said, and Blake nodded.
My mom looked at him, noticing that I was telling the truth before looking back to me.
" go get some rest, you look tired... Blake you're welcome to spend the night if you like " She offered calmly, and Blake nodded while helping me down off the counter.
We walked upstairs to my room, pushing open the door and sitting down on my bed. I instantly got under the blankets, the cool feeling of freshly washed sheets making me shiver. Soon I felt Blake pull me into a quick hug, obviously feeling sorry for what had happened.
" lets watch a movie " He smiled, and I nodded happily.
He turned on the laptop, logging onto Netflix and clicking on World War Z. We both love that movie, so it was perfect.
As soon as it began we lay back down, getting comfortable with large pillows around us. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through Instagram while the movie played, and my heart dropped when I saw a video with hundreds and thousands of views.

I clicked on it, dreading to even replay the memory. I read the caption before watching, and the tears started brimming in my eyes.
The caption said ' damn Adylin Ross got her good '
I sighed, watching myself punch and pull her hair made me feel so terrible... Of course she deserved it, she bullied me and made my life and so many others lives miserable! But I hate violence, so I don't know what came over me. It had already gathered thousands of views in minutes of it being up, and many comments were saying things about how they wanted to know what happened or asking why we fought... it's going to make me look bad, I know it for a fact.

Blake must've realised that I was upset about something, as he looked at my phone and sighed.
" it's fine, just put something on snapchat later and explain " He smiled, and I nodded slightly before sinking into the bed covers even more.
I felt safe, but all I know is that being in Grayson's arms would probably feel a whole lot better.