chapter nine

I woke up to a ringing sound, and I covered my ears in annoyance. Without looking, I rolled over and accepted the FaceTime call.
" Blake you woke me up! " I groaned, opening my eyes and seeing Grayson.
Oh, that's awkward.
I instantly blushed to the max, since I looked disgusting. It's really early, why did he ring me?
" Sorry " he laughed, he's so cheeky.
But it's adorable.
" it's okay, I just look like a pile of shit when I wake up " I said, standing up and fixing my hair.
" no you don't " he said, and I gave him a funny look.
" sure " I said sarcastically, and I set my phone up somewhere while I chose an outfit.
" you look beautiful when you wake up " he muttered, and I don't think I was meant to hear it.
I blushed, not turning around but continuing to look in my wardrobe. What does he do to me?? He makes me feel so freaking special but I know he doesn't like me back, so why does he do it? I don't know, it's all so confusing. One second he says something which sounds like he could possibly like me back, but then he goes straight back to the friendly and normal stuff. It plays with my mind and he knows it.
" what about this? " I asked, turning around once my cheeks had returned to their normal shade.
He shrugged, soon nodding his head as I placed them on my bed. I found a shirt and put that next to it, making sure they went well together which they did.
I turned the camera around so he couldn't see and got changed into the clothes, turning it back around after.
" how does this look? " I asked him, wanting an honest opinion.
" you look beautiful, as always " he smiled, and my heart melted right then and there.
" thank you " I blushed, sitting down by my dressing table to do my makeup.
" stop " he laughed, as I reached for my makeup bag and gave him a funny look.
" what? " I asked, as I applied some lip balm to begin.
" you don't need makeup " he said, and I furrowed my eyebrows.
" I do Grayson " I sighed, rolling my eyes dramatically.
" you do realise that if I was there with you right now, I'd bin all of that shit " he said clearly, and I laughed.
" that'd be a waste of money " I said, and he shrugged.
" exactly, you don't need makeup so why waste your money on it? You're beautiful " He explained, and I froze.
Why is he complimenting me so much? It's driving me crazy and it can't.
" stop Gray " I whispered, continuing to apply my concealer.
" lets make a deal " he said, and I turned to look at him through my phone.
I waited for him to continue, and he did.
" for today that's all you can wear for makeup,
okay? " He said, and I sighed.
" fine " I muttered, pushing away the bag and looking into the mirror cautiously.
I stood up, examining my outfit and making sure it looked okay. Once I was pleased, I sat down on my bed and grabbed my phone, talking to Grayson properly.
" wait so when are you leaving to come to California? " he asked, and I smiled at the thought.
" late next week, I can't wait " I beamed.
" I'm so excited to meet you, Lin " he laughed, and I nodded.
Yep, he's excited. He's excited to meet his friend. Me? I really like him, and it hurts to know that I'll always just be thought of as his friend.

Ethan's POV:

I walked into Grayson's room without knocking, looking at him as he slightly he smiled. He put his phone down, as I sat beside him on his bed.
" what's up? " he asked, and I shrugged.
" I should be asking you that, bro " I laughed, and he gave me a confused look.
" huh? " he said, not understanding.
" all day for the past few weeks you've been so quiet and spent all of your time in your room, and you seem sad a lot of the time " I explained, and he sighed.
" it's nothing " He denied, and I rolled my eyes.
" It's clearly something " I said, and he groaned.
" it's nothing, E " he repeated.
" Grayson! Something is going on and there's not a doubt in my mind that's it's something to do with Adylin! You've been talking to her non stop and it's so obvious you like her since you always talk about her, and now you've stopped... and you're always sad! So just explain it to me please " I almost yelled, and he seemed to be getting frustrated.
" I don't have to explain anything to you " He glared, his eyes burning so hard through mine.
" just tell me! " I yelled again, and he stood up, running his hand through his hair aggressively.
" all I can fucking think about is her, Ethan! A girl that I've never even met! I really like her, and I keep ignoring it!! She obviously doesn't like me back, I'm just her friend and it pisses me off that I'll never get a chance with her! Okay? You happy?!? " He shouted, his fists curled into a ball and his jaw clenched.
Woah. I've never seen Grayson like that before.
He sat back down, taking a deep breath and burying his face in his hands.
" I'm so fake to her E... I always compliment her and I'm positive she thinks I'm just being friendly... so I just act like a friend to her! But it hurts " He said, and it sounded like he was crying.
I scooted closer to him, rubbing his back comfortingly.
" how do you know she doesn't like you back?? Have you even said that you like her? " I asked, and he shook his head.
" no, but I'm scared... I'd rather have her there as a friend, than not have her at all... " He whispered.
Ouch, he's got it bad I guess.
" Grayson, just tell her... why wouldn't she like you back? " I asked him.
He shrugged, and pulled out his phone. He showed me a photo of her, and I looked back at him. I was confused at first, since I already know what she looks like.
" everytime I see her I get so nervous... she's so perfect and she doesn't even know it... I've never felt like this about anyone E, and I haven't even met her " He muttered, and I was speechless.
" do it. Text her now " I said, and he looked at me with a funny face.
" What? " he gasped, and I nodded.
He was silent, as he hesitantly grabbed his phone. I saw him enter his messages, struggling to think of what to type.
" I can't " He stuttered, throwing his phone at the wall angrily.
I stood up and went to see if he'd broke it, and luckily he hadn't. He's clearly pretty torn up about this girl, and I don't know how to help him.
" well what are you going to do? " I asked him.
" I don't know... " He sighed, playing with his fingers nervously.
" E, she doesn't like me back... I'll just have to get used to it " He sighed, tears brimming in his eyes.
I nodded, as he stood up and left his room. I'm guessing he went downstairs to get food, so once he was gone I rushed towards his phone.
I turned it on and went onto his contacts, finding Adylin's number and entering it into my own. Should I actually do this? Fuck it, I'm doing it.

A/N/ ooooo Ethan wyd?