chapter sixteen

Today was Loren's last day in Texas, and it's really upsetting. The past few days have been so amazing, and I'm going to miss her so much. The good thing is, I'll be seeing her next week at Playlist Live, so it won't have to go too long. But after four days of pretty much living with her, I know that I'll definitely miss her a lot more than I should.

We were all ready and planning on going out to Blake and I's favourite cafe, since Loren had never been. This was obviously her first time in Texas, and it definitely won't be her last.
If you're wondering about what's happened between Grayson and I, it's the pretty much the same. We said that we'd figure out what to do when we meet, and I'm looking forward to that. The only problem is, things have changed a little. He doesn't answer my texts as much, and I feel like he's acting weird. He's sometimes completely fine, but a few seconds later he's sending short answers and not answering my calls. I need to let him live though, I can't non stop be on his back, so I haven't. I mean, not a day goes by without a message, but sometimes it's just one.

I sighed as I shoved my phone into my pocket after sending him another message.

Adylin: Gray, are you okay??

Of course I had no answer, but I didn't expect there to be one.

Blake, Loren and I left my house, jumping into Blake's car as he drove us to the cafe. I knew Loren would love it, and seeing her excited was enough to cheer me up. Of course I've been worrying about Grayson, that's all I've been able to think about.

We pulled up at the cafe, getting out and heading inside. We were greeted by Megan again, who introduced herself to Loren which was nice! We then sat down at our usual table outside, slurping on our smoothies which Megan served us almost right away.
" The people here seem really nice " Loren smiled, trying her drink and opening her eyes widely.
" I don't want to leave now " She laughed, drinking a lot of it at once.
" I'm really sad that you're going back tomorrow " Blake sighed, and I nodded.
" same, but I'll see you guys in California for Playlist! That's exciting!! " She squealed, and I smiled at the thought.
" that's true " I laughed, thanking Megan for the food since she brought it to us straight after.
We ate all of our delicious snacks, as well as ordering another few smoothies for us all. It was too good not too.... trust me, I tried!

" I don't care what people, say!! " I yelled, singing the lyrics to one of my internet friends songs.
" not taking any L's today! " Blake completed it, dancing widely in the front seat next to me.
I think Zach and a whole group of my other internet friends will be at playlist, so that's exciting!
I snapchatted the moment, capturing us all singing Zach's song and posting it on my story with the caption ' proud of you zachary🤘🏼 '
I was though, all of my friends are doing such big things and it's incredible. I couldn't be any more supportive of them.

As we reached my house I checked my phone again, not one text. Wow. I sighed, putting it back in my pocket while opening the front door, allowing Blake and Loren to rush into the room. I instantly flopped down on the sofa, burying my face into the pillows.
" what's wrong? " Blake asked, sitting on my back and almost squishing me.
I rolled off the sofa, making him fall off the sofa after me.
" Grayson " I said, and he shrugged.
" what about him? " He asked, sitting next to me properly.
" He hasn't been answering my texts or anything for the past 3 days or something " I sighed, instantly feeling down just thinking about it.
He placed his hand on my back, running it comfortingly before pulling me into a hug.
" it'll be okay " He smiled, and I looked up at him.
" you promise? " I asked him.
" I promise it'll all be okay " He repeated.

It'll all be okay...
eventually