❄ five

our schedule for three straight days were given. we first have vocal training with lee seokhoon. second, we have dance training with kwon jaeseung. after those, lunch and rest then self practice

i admit that it was okay because we can get to rest during self practice too.

lee seokhoon entered our training room, sitting behind his piano. "how was the song?", he asked us, "was it easy or difficult?"

"the notes are really...", samuel trailed and lee seokhoon immediately picked up on it, "the notes are really high?" samuel nodded, the rest agreeing with him.

"who has the confidence in this song? 'i am confident in this song, pick me'.", our vocal trainer asked.

we avoided his eyes, as the song was higher than what we have expected. daehwi was looking somewhere else too. no one volunteered.

"it seems that my expectations are really high," i gulped when i heard him say what was next, "don't lower my expectations."

and it was natural that he has high expectations from us. a level is the highest out of all. if we do not meet expectations, who knows what will happen to our level.

"shall we sing it one by one for now?"

i gulped for another time. daehwi was up first and he had trouble hitting the high notes of the song. sungwoon hyung and namhyung hyung had some minor problems that i have noticed. seongwoo hyung was able to hit it well.

woojin hyung, however, had a lot of difficulties in hitting the notes because his voice range is low while the song is high. he did made an effort so i have to applaud him for that.

samuel was next. he tried his best but it was also high for him. lee seokhoon ended up scolding us with almost like an essay.

"axel."

i looked up from the paper. "i'll try my best." i adjusted my cap a bit and cleared my throat as i began to sing the song. seokhoon hyung was listening to me attentively, so do the other trainees. he nodded at me.

seokhoon hummed. "i think you are the best one so far," he complimented me and i felt the trainees glare at me, creating a hole in my existence. i bowed my head and thanked our vocal trainer.

seokhoon hyung said a few words to us that encouraged us to do better before he went to his next class, which i am guessing to be the b level.

a few minutes after seokhoon hyung went out, kwon jaeseung entered our training and i knew that it will be a long time for us to learn the choreography. there were two dancers accompanying him as well.

"did you remember what we learned earlier?", he asked us and we said yes. "you didn't forget already, right?", he asked us once again. "you know it, right? because you're a class, right?", he said and it took me almost of what i got not to tsk before saying yes.

he then proceeded to teach us the choreography for the verses. it was going smoothly, because we have the help of the counting. we kept on repeating the same choreography and i noticed seongwoo hyung having a hard time catching up with the dance.

and it seems that our dance trainer had noticed him too that he told us we will repeat the choreography again. i can see the look of disappointment in jaeseung hyung's face.

"daehwi and samuel, do it once. you two do it once.", he said. daehwi and samuel walked forward a bit and i rested myself against the wall so i can watch them.

they seemed to have digested the choreography well, since the choreography that they showed has the similar counting to that of what jaeseung hyung showed us.

trust me, i counted.

jaeseung hyung approved of what they showed. "axel, do it once." and i stepped forward, dancing to it. he approved of it too.

i stayed by seongwoo hyung's side during lunch and self practice time. i tried to cheer him up and there was a time that he laughed at one of my dad jokes.

trust me, you would not believe how i got to be an expert in dad jokes.

i ate the dietary meal and it turned out to be white meat and some vegetables. i was glad that there were two cherry tomatoes in mine. i like to eat cherry tomatoes. i also brought out the chicken breast that my mom forced me to bring since i was craving for chicken.

i shared my chicken with the trainees until we finish it. we went back to practice for a long time.

the same routine went on for the next two days and we all eventually get better together. we also helped out some kids from the other levels as well, i could not resist them.

and before i knew it, the day of the level re-evaluation came.

i did a runthrough of tbe choreography early in the morning, singing the lyrics as well. i noticed that there was a shortness of breath in some parts and a chance that my voice will crack but it was okay, i continue to cheer up myself.

no one can sing perfectly well while dancing, no matter how good they are.

i sincerely hope that the trainers will keep that in mind.

i watched as the trainees sharing the same level as i am go to the front, introduce themselves and do the song with all their best.

they all did well, i was proud of them all.

and then, the next thing i knew was i was the next one to do it.

"annyeonghaseyo!", i bowed before smiling at the camera.

"i am big hit entertainment's 5 years and 6 months trainee, axel lee. please watch me well."

i took a deep breath and turned my back against the camera to do the intro choreography. when i turned around, a smile was plastered on my face.

i sang the song while doing the choreography. i expected to have some moments of short breaths and my voice did cracked a bit but i masked it with a smile and continued to do the song.

when it ended, i bowed again. "i hope you watched it well. fighting!", i cheered them, hoping it will ease their stress before i went out of the camera's sight.

i cuddled to samuel who said i did well but i could not get the crack out of my head. it may be the cause of me getting degraded down.

[ to be continued ]

heya! so i'm back with the fifth chapter and i sincerely hope you like it. it seems that this fic will get a daily update from me since i am so obsessed with pd101 right now.

i am so nervous about the second elimination since mnet said the the ranking is surprising.

who are your favorites and top 11? i sincerely hope that knetz didn't let a talent fall bc i would prefer this year's to have fully talented members.

i hope you all have a blast today, everyone!